Senior Financial Analyst – Retail & Ecommerce
Finance | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen, Fenty Beauty and Fenty Skin.
Senior Financial Analyst – Retail & Ecommerce will report to the Director, FP&A– Retail & Ecommerce. This role will support the financial planning and analysis of Kendo’s Ecommerce Sites and BITE Lip Lab Retail Stores.
- Prepare and provide analytical support for BITE Lip Labs and Kendo Ecommerce businesses.
- Partner with cross functional partners on insight analyses, process improvements, and financial modeling to address evolving business dynamics.
- Prepare and deliver monthly/periodic reporting for Lip Labs and Ecommerce, including P+L statements, variance analysis, financial presentations, and metrics tracking.
- Participate in Budget Revision process for Retail Lip Labs and Ecommerce.
- Maintain consolidated rolling forecast to ensure achievement of established targets.
- Create ad-hoc financial models to assist leadership with strategic initiatives.
- Liaison with Store Design and Education business partners to communicate and manage to forecasts/budget targets.
- Assist FP&A team with special projects and system implementations as needed.
- Knowledge of financial and analytical concepts, practices, and procedures in Retail and Ecommerce environment is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably with a major in Accounting or Finance.
- 3-5 years’ experience in finance with emphasis on budgeting, forecasting, planning, analysis, and strong modeling skills.
- Advanced Excel and strong PowerPoint skills.
- Systems aptitude and process mapping skills. Preferred experience with AX, BI, with ability to learn and adapt to in-house system applications.
- Must possess excellent analytical, conceptual, communication and interpersonal skills in addition to the ability to think creatively.
- Must work well in a fast paced, team-oriented, dynamic and matrix environment.
- Must be curious, accurate, and detail oriented.