Senior Financial Analyst - Financial Reporting
Finance | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
Senior Financial Analyst – Financial Reporting will report to the Senior Manager, Financial Reporting. This role will support the financial consolidations reporting in the LVMH Consolidation and Reporting System, SyRUS (Système de Reporting Unifié Simplifié or Unified Simplified Reporting System), across Kendo’s multiple entities. This role will also support the implementation of a reporting tool to provide a “single source of truth.”
- Work closely with the Senior Manager, Financial Reporting, to support the month-end close process, including internal (Kendo HQ) and external (LVMH) reporting, helping to ensure timely and accurate data flows from the ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics AX) into SyRUS.
Partner with Finance & Accounting to obtain and input information in SyRUS for the following reporting packages for all North America legal entities (7):
- Net Sales: Actuals monthly
- Treasury: Actuals monthly
- Treasury Bridge: Actuals quarterly
- Boutiques: Actuals monthly
- CapEx: Actuals quarterly
- Periodically gather information and input data in SyRUS for the following reporting packages:
- Budget/Forecast: Jan/Feb, Apr/May, Sep/Oct
- CapEx: Budget Feb, Jun, Nov
- Audit Fees: Actuals Jan and Sep
- Master other LMVH systems which are fully integrated with SyRUS:
- CRAAzi - tool to manage capex budget and request for LVMH authorization on free standing store opening (Lip Labs)
- Leasa - tool to manage lease contracts using IFRS16 principles
- Boutiques Manager - tool to manage new stores and websites
- Nova - web app tool to manage group entities data used for SyRUS Reporting (consolidation scopes data, entity ownership / shares information)
- Constantly help to find ways to improve existing excel templates using our reporting tool, Axiom, to minimize time spent on preparing data for the SyRUS loads.
- Assist FP&A team with special projects and system implementations as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably with a major in Accounting or Finance.
- 3-5 years’ experience in finance and/or accounting preferred.
- Proficiency in Excel required.
- Systems aptitude and process mapping skills preferred. Ability to learn and adapt to in-house system applications. Microsoft Dynamics AX and SyRUS desired but can be trained.
- Must be curious, accurate, and detail oriented.
- Ability to analyze detailed level of data and grasp how it impacts the bigger picture.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must work well in a fast paced, team-oriented, dynamic and matrix environment while staying focused and calm.
- Willingness to approach projects with a can-do attitude and create reasonable process where none exists.
- Ability to organize, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with all Kendo staff and our colleagues in related companies, and promote a professional yet fun work environment.