Senior Director, Omni Client Education
Education | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: Never, never, never give up
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
Effective January 18, 2022, as a condition of employment, Kendo requires all newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date unless they have requested and received an exemption from the Company in the form of a reasonable accommodation due to a qualifying medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief or practice.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
We are searching for a passionate product and consumer strategist to lead the creation of differentiated training pathways and implementation of client journeys for Kendo’s global retail stores and ecomm channels.
The Senior Director of Omni Client Education will be a key stakeholder in helping to shape product positioning, education content development and global training pathways by bringing a client-centric perspective and conversion-focused needs to the forefront. This role will be responsible for developing comprehensive education models and content strategy that facilitates learning and client conversion for all of Kendo’s brands – Fenty Beauty by Rihanna, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, OleHenriksen, Bite Beauty and Lip Lab.
This critical leadership role will help Kendo continue to adapt and evolve our Brand & Product Education approach as content consumption and client behavior has changed rapidly and new theories are emerging on how consumers connect with brands, the impact of the omnichannel customer experience and expectations for client service.
Strategic Planning & Direction
- Create and implement global education strategy for each Kendo Brand that drives sales and client conversion across all channels (retail B&M, ecommerce/digital, social media) with appropriate strategic weight; anticipate future trends and implications accurately
- Manage the education go-to-market product innovation planning process by creating training curriculum and experiences to recruit, engage and convert consumers
- Leverage competitive and breakthrough training strategies that show a clear connection between vision and action; establish education analytics so the impact of offerings can be assessed and iterated as needed
- Define methods to fully exploit latest digital and technology advances in how education is delivered; uncover and implement additional opportunities to generate revenue
- Apply strong business insights of business and the retail marketplace to advance Kendo’s goals; use knowledge of business drivers and how strategies and tactics play out in the market to guide actions
- Establish education analytics so the impact of offerings can be assessed and iterated as needed
Content Strategy & Consumer Analysis
- Leverage consumer insights to deliver education journeys and tools that put the consumer at the center and build by channel to support omni-channel experience, leveraging the expertise of Retail partners and Kendo’s Digital/E-comm, Marketing/Social and Field Teams
- Develop social and virtual selling content that drives consumer awareness and conversion across all business channels; source, collect, and curate network-generated content across multiple platforms and prepare for scale as necessary.
- Optimize multiple digital platforms and live trainings and empower end user to achieve business goals; monitor the digital learning environment and scan for tools or platforms to achieve objectives on a large scale and optimize each delivery method in the most effective way
- Oversee and develop the B&M Consumer Journey for each Kendo Brand; communicate journey and dictate strategy to bring concepts to life across multiple retailers in the in-store environment
- Deliver holistic, 360-degree, blended learning experiences across all channels of business and ensure that both digital and live learning opportunities deliver on strategic goals and business initiatives
- Track processes to impact long term consumer behavior change and determine program effectiveness
- Communicate vision for innovative in-store and omni-channel engagement elements including retail B&M, social and digital consumer-facing content and virtual client service to enhance the experience
- Develop and cascade strategy to cross-functional partners to ensure experience-related digital content is promoted via social and Kendo’s E-comms to push online traffic to brick-and-mortar retail
Cross-Functional Partnership & Global Connection
- Work with stakeholders across multiple international regions and retail channels to ascertain needs and provide solutions; communicate needs to wider internal team and develop messaging and programs accordingly
- Act as the key liaison to bring together international education leaders to ensure global alignment on strategic direction, sharing of best practices and joint task execution as needed
- Act as internal client advocate and influence cross-channel alignment on how to deliver greatest value to clients; foster a cross-channel, client-centric culture to unify the way the team services clients
- Bring new ideas and new thinking from ideation, concept through execution and galvanize support and action behind it
Leadership & Building Effective Teams
- Build strong, effective teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to Kendo’s business and organizational goals
- Support process change/change management mentality within org; fosters open dialogue and collaboration among the team
- Create a feeling of belonging and strong team morale by establishing common objectives and a shared mindset to support overarching company goals
- Strengthen the team’s capabilities around Continuous Improvement, Testing & Measurement and Workload Optimization
- Harness future forward thinking and develop clear vision for the team that addresses needs of tomorrow
- Manage the education creative and operations process to deliver projects on time and on budget while maximizing team productivity and flexibility; continue to grow team skills in connecting information and learning in a digital format
- Exceptional leader and team builder who develops and coaches team members to drive high performance and engagement, who will prioritize and value people and culture
- Strategic and creative thinker with the ability to clearly communicate a vision and drive for innovation
- Ability to think at a high level strategically while understanding operational detail
- Manages ambiguity well:
- Operating effectively even when things are not certain, or the way forward is not clear
- Effectively balances and manages risk
- Can decide and act without the total picture
- Customer obsessed with a long-term view; data and performance driven, continuously looking for ways to exceed targets
- Able to synthesize information quickly and concisely to make recommendations
- Thrive in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment without losing sight of the customer experience
- Ability to maneuver through the organization effectively, building trusting and effective relationships.
- Self-motivated to meet and exceed goals; drive efficiency in process, and innovate process to improve overall team function
- Comfortable with ambiguity; strong idea leadership, solution-driven, innovation focus