Senior Director, Brand Management, Global & North America, KVD
Brand Management | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
KAT VON D BEAUTY
Kat Von D Beauty is all about hyper-performance vegan & cruelty free products that empower no-rules artistry for all. In her nonstop pursuit of creating the most perfect beauty products you’ve never imagined, Kat Von D tests and wears everything she makes, drawing endless inspiration from her experience as an artist, tattooist and creator.
The Sr. Director (SD) leads successful teams to drive KVDB business in North America. The Sr. Director is responsible for both Global Product Management and North America Channel Management. The Sr. Director is a brand builder and a business driver, who leads the global product strategy, and drives North America activation strategy and retail partnership. North America channels include: Sephora (US and Canada), SiJCP, and KatVonDBeauty.com.
The SD is responsible for setting the brand strategy and managing the team to deliver day to day business management responsibilities, including executing merchandising and marketing plans and leveraging analytics to deliver and exceed the financial goals of the department. SDs play key leadership role in the company, and coach, develop and motivate teams.
- Brand advocate and ambassador
- North America channel management: Brand strategy, sales plans & budget, retail partnership
- Global Product & Merchandising brand strategy
- Team leadership (7 team members)
Brand Builder, Advocate and Ambassador
- Co-Lead brand through the development of brand codes, DNA, style guide and voice
- Host North America brand moment (Education/ Channel events), including on stage moments
- Continue to improve processes to maximize communication with brand founder
Brand Strategy and Channel Management
- Align with VP/ GM on short- and long-term strategies for North America channels to meet and exceed company objectives; partner with cross-functional team and lead processes to successfully lead the execution of plans
- Build strong and effective relationships with internal teams supporting inventory planning, education, creative, product development, and operations
- Lead a “digital first” minded team to develop and manage assortment, inventory planning forecast, visual merchandising and promotion plans to create best omni channel experience for client
Global Product Management & Merchandising
- Lead brand Product Strategy focused on both core product innovation and fast track pipeline
- Strategize and develop both long-term and short-term assortment strategy
- Lead team to develop product innovation base on analytics and insights of market trends, competitive landscape, assortment gaps and new category opportunities while leveraging creativity and beauty intuition
- Co-validate product formula
- Oversee team that leads seasonal merchandising updates from creative brief to in-store
- Bachelor’s degree; 12+ years of related business experience, makeup experience a must.
- Passion for cosmetics/ beauty industry.
- Must demonstrate strong strategic, creative, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Thrives in an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and customer service-oriented.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Able to effectively present to and advocate for ideas with senior management.
- Comfort and poise when working with and presenting marketing strategies to executives and notable individuals.
- Able to build collaborative relationships and work cross functionally with sales, marketing, trade marketing, retail partners, demand planning and supply chain.
- Able to handle multiple priorities while meeting objectives.
- Highest levels of professionalism at all times; calm under pressure.
- Team player who builds strong, effective partnerships.
- Ability to travel.