Senior Copywriter – OLEHENRIKSEN and BITE Beauty
Creative | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
You’ll be responsible for all global copy pertaining to the brand—creating original product and shade names, packaging copy, visual merchandising, and campaign messaging. You are empowered to collaborate with teams across the organization to gather and employ feedback. The ideal candidate has 6-8 years of copywriting experience in color cosmetics or skincare; is very detail-oriented while also keeping the big picture in mind; and thrives in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Partners closely with the Sr. Director, Copy on brand voice and high-level initiatives
- Manages other brand-dedicated copywriters: Coach and serve as a mentor and role-model to team members
- Owns and enforces the brand voice across all channels
- Demonstrates strategic thinking and exceptional entrepreneurial/visionary qualities: Recognizes what the business needs, and anticipates the needs of cross-functional partners, asks the right questions to get the information needed to make an informed decision.
- Develops/takes lead in creating product messaging alongside brand, p.d., marketing
- Leads branding discussions
- Drives for decision-making from cross-functional partners
- Responsible for global copy deliverables
- Brand Voice Blueprint
- Product Copy: Naming, Messaging, Packaging Copy
- In-store: Leverage product messaging taglines and copy for visual merchandise/in-store signage
- Marketing: Deliver taglines and campaign concept copy, write copy for all marketing collateral
- Social: Partner with social team to write captions, develop campaign messaging and hashtags as needed
- Video: Writes scripts, both on-screen text and VO; can support video director on-set with editing scripts for teleprompter and talent
- Education: Partner with education content manager on education copy needs
- Communicate with legal and regulatory to ascertain and communicate legal/regulatory risk to brand/marketing groups
- Manages translations requests for the brand
- Partners with the design team to ensure copy is correctly flowed into design and finds integrated visual/copy solutions
- Stays current on beauty industry trends, social trends and competitors
- Minimum of 7 years of copywriting experience; beauty experience preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing people
- Celebrity and founder brand experience a plus
- Experience writing across traditional and digital channels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Creative self-starter; ability to navigate a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Curiosity, intellect, and a passion for great ideas; ability to bring them to life is essential
- The ideal candidate has a mix of editorial, client-side, and agency experience
- College degree: BA preferred