Senior Brand Manager, North America, Kat Von D
Brand Management | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
KAT VON D BEAUTY
Kat Von D Beauty is all about unstoppable, high-performance products in fearless shades that empower you to unleash your inner artist. In her nonstop pursuit of creating the most perfect beauty products you’ve never imagined, Kat Von D tests and wears everything she makes, drawing endless inspiration from her experience as an artist, tattooist and creator.
The Senior Brand Manager leads and drives the KVD business across North America brick and mortar accounts focusing on Sephora and Sephora inside JC Penney. Individual is responsible for setting and tailoring the brand strategy for each retailer including product assortment and activation, visual merchandising, and driving and exceeding financial goals. This person will build strong cross functional partnerships (both internal and external) with Sephora and SIJCP, Sephora and KVD social/marketing, and KVD global team. He/she will drive account sales ensuring brand is set up to anniversary and grow sales through product offerings and activation to meet goals. Build cohesive brand experience in-store and online through partnership with KVD Digital Brand Manager. Manage and grow NA brand management team (2-3 Direct reports) demonstrating strong leadership skills.
BRAND STRATEGY AND MANAGEMENT
- Develop short- and long-term brand strategies to exceed company objectives; work with cross-functional partners to successfully execute plans
- Manage overall channel retail sales: Identify opportunities in channels to drive growth, anticipate the needs to adapt / evolve while driving brand.
- Act as brand liaison for internal teams supporting North America businesses e.g. visual merchandising, marketing, and education teams
- Partner with inventory planning and to provide forecasts for each season and adjust forecasts as needed based on sales results in order to achieve business goals
- Oversee maintenance of key business documents with coordinator: promotional calendars, assortment master and product launch calendar
- Prepare, support and lead meetings with effective agendas and clear outcomes
- Develop, distribute and manage brand assets within budget (including promotions, samplings, gratis, imagery)
- Continue to improve comp and creative asset process and management
MERCHANDISING AND ASSORTMENT PLANNING
- Drive brand visual merchandising across channels, maximizing client impact and brand presence
- Manage assortments to optimize sales and minimize liability
- Manage communication of discontinued inventory with cross-functional teams and partner with Director on strategy for obsolete and discontinued collections
REPORTING AND RESEARCH
- Provide weekly and monthly executive sales recaps, key initiatives performance and ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed
- Research competitive and product benchmark in order to identify product opportunities and trends and make recommendations to drive the business
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus
- 6+ years of related business experience, Beauty or Retail industry preferred
- Must demonstrate strong strategic, creative, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Thrives on an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and customer service-oriented
- Able to handle multiple priorities
- Highest levels of professionalism at all times, calm under pressure
- Team player
- Project management expertise and experience a plus
- Passion for cosmetics a plus