Sales & Education Executive, KENDO
Education | Paramus,, NJ | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Kendo is owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. The Kendo house of brands presently includes: Marc Jacobs Beauty, Kat Von D, Ole Henriksen, Bite and Fenty Beauty. Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions, the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, and great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships.
The Sales & Education Executive is responsible for all aspects of maximizing sales in assigned territory, training and education to support all brands within the KENDO portfolio at Sephora. The Sales & Education Executive will ensure assigned stores are exceeding sales targets through high-touch store and cast trainings, cluster trainings and events for Marc Jacobs Beauty, Kat Von D Beauty, OLEHENRIKSEN, Fenty Beauty and Bite Beauty. This position will develop and build strong relationships with Sephora Field and Store Leadership to maintain excellent client service with their stores.
Preferred candidate will be located near Garden State Plaza which will be the Home store location for this role.
- Responsible for driving sales in assigned Sephora stores, optimizing in-store merchandising and brand presentation, inventory focus and ensuring ‘best in class’ execution of brand training and team-selling with Sephora cast
- Drive and exceed territory sales goals by training cast members on selling behaviors, techniques and training in-store
- Understand opportunities within territory and strategize with Regional Manager to develop business plans for stores to increase sales, planning special events to support brand marketing calendar as needed
- Implement district-specific cluster trainings and store-level events to maximize brand and product exposure in-stores
- Conduct BBRs, elevate inventory issues and oversee visual merchandising standards
Education and Training:
- Execute best in class Brand Focus Day trainings, district-level cluster trainings and morning touch bases to increase cast love and selling skills for KENDO brands and products
- Fully understand the retailer and KENDO launch and activation calendar to efficiently drive business, e.g. store events, Sephora Animations, SHN, seminars, trainings and education events
- Present and reinforce a professional appearance and maintain the Company's appearance and dress code standards at all times, frequently changing makeup styles to reflect current trends by wearing seasonal looks
- Provide excellent and courteous customer service to all partners in and out of KENDO
Kendo Field Team and Internal KENDO Partners
- Identify field team needs and global issues to KENDO Education team to develop creative solutions while sharing Field and Store voice
- Collaborate with team members to develop best practices, execute large-scale selling events and drive team performance
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with all levels of Sephora Field & Store Leadership – District Managers, District Education Managers, Store Directors, EDU Leads and store leadership
- Partner with Sephora store and field leadership throughout territory to communicate training needs, build partnership and celebrate store-line successes
- Work within Company expense budgets, following established guidelines and procedures
- Additional duties may be required, depending on skill set, market trends, and business needs
- Ability to travel 20-30% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree; 2+ years an Account Executive or Brand Trainer is required
- Experience with, and full understanding of, the Sephora concept is preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel & Outlook and iPad applications
- Exceptional communication skills (presentation/verbal/written)
- Self-motivated, results oriented, creative thinker
- Proven Leader with flexibility and ability to function in a fast paced environment
- Must have proof of insurance, current and valid driver’s license, and reliable means of transportation