Sales & Education Executive, KENDO Brands
International | Singapore, Singapore | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
The Sales and Education Executive will be responsible for the continued growth and development of Kendo brands’ business in Singapore. Responsible for collaborating with our retailer partners Sephora to achieve sales and educations goals across all Kendo brands, through implementation of sales initiatives and delivering best in class training and education programs.
This is a field based role that will involve working in multi-site retail stores within Singapore. The successful applicant will be tasked in driving operations and retail sales, manage instore inventory and visual merchandising.
- Responsible for managing the development of Kendo brands in Singapore, driving growth and working in collaboration with our retail partners Sephora to deliver sales objectives.
- Understand opportunities for Kendo Brands within the market, work with Retail Operation Manager to develop business plans for stores to increase sales via instore events and brand activations
- Ensure in store merchandising and brand presentation is consistent with brand guidelines
- Inventory focus working with Sephora to manage out of stocks
- Responsible for ensuring seasonal counter updates are executed in a timely manner
- Work with Retail Operation Manager on all new Sephora store opening in Singapore including merchandising and store opening activities
- Turn around poor performing doors through time and effort spent in store developing staff.
- Challenge assumptions about performance through careful analysis of the data, knowledge of the people finding and acting on the underlying causes of poor performance
- Facilitate training and education needs in the market
- Ensure Beauty Advisors/cast members are trained on product knowledge, application techniques, selling skills via class room training
- instore training , morning touch bases
- Provide engaging “story telling” to increase cast love and selling skills for KENDO brands and products
- Partner with Global Makeup Artists at Masterclass Training
- Continue to follow the Kendo recipe for success of training Sephora Cast members across Kendo brands ahead of all new store openings.
- Work with the Director of Education on training material and ensuring content is relevant to your market
- Provide Director of Education quality data and feedback to assess training best practices and modify as required
- Collaborates with Regional Kendo team on Sephora Press Day events in Singapore
- Celebrate and share sales and training success
- Provide regular sales updates and reports to the regional office as required
- Provide competitive best practices and feedback
- Act as an ambassador for Kendo brand maintaining a professional appearance
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with all levels of Sephora Field & Store Leadership Education Managers, Store Director
- Follow up in writing/verbally to check all outstanding issues reach a satisfactory conclusion
- Manage time according to business impact, prioritizing as needed
- Superior sales management experience
- Beauty Industry Experience/FMCG/Luxury Goods
- Training and Education experience
- Exceptional communication skills
- Must be comfortable with presenting to large audiences
- Self-motivated, results oriented, creative thinker
- Proven Leader with flexibility and ability to function in a fast paced environment
- Can work independently and remotely
- Organizational skills with an eye for detailed execution