Sales and Education Executive
International | Singapore, Singapore | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
The Sales and Education Executive will be responsible for the continued growth and development of Kendo brands’ business in Malaysia. Responsible for collaborating with our retailer partners Sephora to achieve sales and educations goals across all Kendo brands, through implementation of sales initiatives and delivering best in class training and education programs.
This field based will involve travel in Malaysia and working within multiple retails sites. The successful applicant will coach beauty sales advisors in store and facilities group training seminars.
- Responsible managing the development of Kendo brands in Malaysia, driving growth and working in collaboration with our retail partners Sephora to deliver sales objectives.
- Understand opportunities for Kendo Brands within the market, work with Regional Sales and Education Director to develop business plans for stores to increase sales via instore events and brand activations
- Ensure in store merchandising and brand presentation is consistent with brand guidelines
- Inventory focus working with Sephora to manage out of stocks
- Responsible for ensuring seasonal counter updates are executed in a timely manner
- Work with Sales and Education Director on all new Sephora store opening in Malaysia including merchandising and store opening activities
- Turn around poor performing doors through time and effort spent in store developing staff.
- Challenge assumptions about performance through careful analysis of the data, knowledge of the people finding and acting on the underlying causes of poor performance
- Facilitate training and education needs in the market
- Ensure Beauty Advisors/cast members are trained on product knowledge, application techniques, selling skills via class room training
- instore training , morning touch bases
- Provide engaging “story telling” to increase cast love and selling skills for KENDO brands and products
- Partner with Global Makeup Artists at Masterclass Training
- Continue to follow the Kendo recipe for success of training Sephora Cast members across Kendo brands ahead of all new store openings.
- Work with the regional Director on training material and ensuring content is relevant to your market
- Provide Sales and Education Director quality data and feedback to assess training best practices and modify as required
- Manage Sephora Press Day events in Malaysia
- Celebrate and share sales and training success
- Provide regular sales updates and reports to the regional office as required
- Provide competitive best practices and feedback
- Act as an ambassador for Kendo brand maintaining a professional appearance
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with all levels of Sephora Field & Store Leadership Education Managers, Store Director
- Follow up in writing/verbally to check all outstanding issues reach a satisfactory conclusion
- Manage time according to business impact, prioritizing as needed
- Beauty Industry Experience
- Training and Education experience
- Sales experience
- Exceptional communication skills
- Must be comfortable with presenting to large audiences
- Self-motivated, results oriented, creative thinker
- Proven Leader with flexibility and ability to function in a fast paced environment
- Can work independently and remotely
- Organizational skills with an eye for detailed execution
- Computer skills required
- Ability to travel within 30% - 50% of the time.
The Fenty Beauty by Rihanna specialist will be the brand representative responsible for driving all aspects of the Fenty Beauty business in the Sephora flagship store at Pitt Street Sydney. The Fenty Beauty by Rihanna specialist will be responsible for driving sales by leading by example, instore teams to deliver excellence in customer service, selling skills and superior artistry skills. We are looking for professional artist with retail sales & business management skills
- Manage all aspects of the business of Fenty Beauty by Rihanna business in the SEPHORA Pitt St store.
- Represent Fenty Beauty by Rihanna as the resident instore makeup professional.
- Deliver agreed sales goals, lead by example and motivate teams to drive sales through excellence in customer service superior make up artistry skills and selling skills.
- Responsible for optimizing in-store merchandising and brand presentation. Manage instore inventory and minimize out of stocks
- Ensure all new products are launched on time with flawless execution and to brand guidelines.
- Fully understand Sephora and Fenty Beauty by Rihanna launch and activation calendar to efficiently drive business, e.g. store events, Sephora Animations.
- Act as a brand ambassador for Fenty Beauty by Rihanna in Sephora maintaining a professional appearance adhering to dress codes, frequently changing makeup styles to reflect current trends by wearing seasonal looks
- Continue to develop artistry skills including application techniques, keeping up to date with makeup trends and product knowledge through brand education and training
- Manage in store CRM program
- Understand opportunities within the store and feedback to Sales and Education Executive to develop business plans for the store to increase sales, planning special events to support brand marketing calendar as needed
- Participate in instore training Sephora cast members through Brand Focus Day trainings morning touch bases to motivate educate and increase cast love and selling skills for Fenty Beauty by Rihanna products
- Keep up to date with Fenty Beauty across social media.
- Excel in makeup artistry skills
- Proven ability to lead and motivate teams
- Proven success in sales
- An interest in keeping update to date with makeup styles, products and application and a willingness to learn
- Flexible with work schedule and ability to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to work in a fragrance-filled environment
- Embody the spirit, values and essence of the Fenty Beauty by Rihanna brand
- Model respect, initiative, enthusiasm, and flexibility at all times; represent Fenty Beauty by Rihanna in a professional and ethical manner at all times, following all Kendo, Sephora, and brand guidelines
- Passion for beauty makeup and creativity
- Prepared to travel if required