Sales and Education Associate Manager, SEA
International | Singapore, Singapore | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: Never, never, never give up
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
As a condition of employment, Kendo requires all newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date unless they have requested and received an exemption from the Company in the form of a reasonable accommodation due to a qualifying medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief or practice.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Ole Henriksen.Kendo Brands has a hybrid work model with three days in office and two days remote each week.
50% Education, 50% Field
The Sales and Education Associate Manager is responsible for the implementation and administration of training activities that bring brand DNA, storytelling, and product passion for Kendo Brands (Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, Ole Henriksen, KVDVB) to life in the SEA region.
The Sales and Education Associate Manager will be the point of contact for Sephora BA’s and Store Managers and will report on Store needs, Cast Feedback, Measurements of Success and Sales. This person will support brand animations, pop ups and the Fenty Shop-in-Shop at Sephora ION on a regular basis.
The Sales and Education Associate Manager will lead a small team of Kendo Beauty Advisors. This includes supporting Weekly/Monthly Sales tracking, setting store and brand sales targets, guiding the team with weekly and monthly priorities during regular touch base meetings.
The successful person will be an influential person; savvy in social media, and comfortable to connect with BA’s across SEA using digital and social platforms. This person will embody the Kendo values to present credible skincare information and make-up application in casual selfie social videos, via classroom training, and in store workshops and events where permitted.
This role will work closely with the Omni Retail and Education Manager. The Omni Retail and Education Manager will maintain productive cross-functional relationships with both internal (Global, Brand and Marketing teams) and external partners (retailers) to support the Sales and Education Associate Manager with Clear Brand Objectives, Retail and Sales Targets, Store Priorities, Training Calendar, Education Activities and direction on Social Posting.
The success of this role will be determined by: Brand Ranking, Store Retail Sales Achievement, Beauty Advisor Productivity, Sephora Cast Member Contribution, Pre and Post Training Learning Lifts
Retail Team Leader
- Participate in a weekly touch base with Kendo Beauty Advisors and report relevant feedback on stocks, vm, store needs and competitor information.
- Track Retail Team sales on a weekly and monthly basis, updating the Retail Team on achievement to goal.
- Roll out a monthly product focus and incentive guide for the Retail Team and reinforce with weekly reminders.
- Control the Retail Team roster ensuring correct coverage in stores, and managing shift swaps or leave dates with the team.
- Support the onboarding and training induction of new team members.
Education Programming & Reporting
- Support local training initiatives, such as in store Discovery Boxes and Regional Competitions.
- Deliver training that is credible, provide engaging brand experiences and provide data-rich, measurable impact.
- Follow-up post training store manager meetings, to ensure training effectiveness and position to achieve business goals.
- Responsible for all logistics and administrative work around training sessions including classroom setup, hard and soft copy tools, gratis delivery, testers and promotional uniforms.
E-Learning and Digital
- Follow up E Learning Calendar with Sephora partners and ensure the roll out dates are correct
- Keep a record of each module shared to local markets and measure date release, unique participants, cast feedback and the program impact (sales results, brand ranking).
- Maintain the Kendo SEA social profile to share latest product news, brand updates and social buzz video’s.
Field and Events Support
- Support the Fenty SIS in Sephora ION and Events at Sephora Raffles City. Book regular artistry days in key stores to support launches and hero products.
- Replicate brand looks and act as a brand ambassador to demonstrate and sell in store for events.
- Meet with store management monthly and report on Store needs, Cast Feedback, Measurements of Success and Sales.
- Run In-Store Briefings during newness or launch periods. Create your own fun icebreakers and retention games for cast.
- 3+ years of relevant experience required
- Proven ability to deliver multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, maintain creative and active problem solving to drive on time and quality delivery for all projects.
- Strong make-up application skills including the ability to present product application and accurate information to a wide audience.
- Strong influencing skills with ability to inspire Sephora cast to contribute to brand success
- High-level attention to detail and accuracy in execution of work and tasks
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and communication skills
- Proficient computer skills— Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to travel independently
For your application to be considered, make sure to include a paragraph in your CV or a separate cover letter stating why you would be a good fit for Kendo Brands.