Retail Artist - PT XMAS TEMP
Sales | Edinburgh UK, United Kingdom | Temporary
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, KVD Beauty, Ole Henriksen, Fenty Beauty & Fenty Skin.
FENTY BEAUTY BY RIHANNA
Rihanna was inspired to create Fenty Beauty after years of experimenting with the best-of-the-best in beauty—and still seeing a void in the industry for products that performed across all skin types and tones. She launched a makeup line “so that people everywhere would be included,” focusing on a wide range of traditionally hard-to-match skin tones, creating formulas that work for all skin types, and pinpointing universal shades.
Fenty Beauty products are designed to feel lightweight, even as they deliver buildable coverage that effortlessly layers, to ultimately “make skin look like skin.” Most importantly, Rihanna creates makeup to inspire: “Makeup is there for you to have fun with,” she says. “It should never feel like pressure. It should never feel like a uniform. Feel free to take chances, and take risks, and dare to do something new or different.”
FENTY SKIN BY RIHANNA
Inspired by her global lifestyle, Rihanna brings together ingredients from around the world and pairs them with skincare powerhouses, such as hyaluronic acid and niacinamide—for clinically proven results. Driven by that bad encounter with a harsh product, she’s prioritized clean formulas that are also vegan and gluten free. The packaging? Earth-conscious: Think more recyclable materials and smart refillable packs that feel luxurious. Plus, she’s elevated the entire experience with supple, unique textures and warm, delicious scents.
As a true ambassador for Fenty Beauty by Rihanna in Harvey Nichols, the Retail Artist role will contribute to both personal and counter sales targets through demonstrating artistry, delivering excellent customer service, using selling skills, and product knowledge to engage, inspire and empower customers with the Fenty Beauty by Rihanna line.
- Personally contributes to the achievement of brand goals and sales targets.
- Models respect, initiative, enthusiasm, and flexibility at all times; representing the brand in a professional and ethical manner at all times, following all Kendo, brand and Harvey Nichols guidelines
- Builds effective, positive and collaborative relationships quickly with team and store partners.
- Builds a loyal clientele base to drive sales through strong make-up artistry skills, excellent selling and service skills resulting in a flawless customer experience.
- Demonstrates an in depth/fluent knowledge of makeup in order to advise customers on the best products to suit their needs and on its main features or properties.
- Attends Initial brand training and any other training offered to remain current/updated on latest trends, products and offerings.
- Actively contributes to the consistent delivery of housekeeping and high presentation & visual merchandising standards.
- Has excellent personal grooming standards
- Previous experience working in a department store environment with a prestige or artistry brand is essential.
- At least 1 year retail experience and a proven track record in beauty selling environment.
- Accomplished high level make up artistry background.
- Demonstrates experience building a clientele portfolio.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to listen effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build rapport with customers.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Empathetic and inclusive
- Confident and professional.
- Must have an informed interest in and demonstrate a real passion for beauty
- Someone who is adaptable and flexible.
- Demonstrates a drive for results.
- Conducts self in a professional and courteous manor to maintain positive brand image.
- Must be able to speak knowledgeably about Rihanna.