Regulatory Affairs Associate
BITE Beauty | Toronto, Canada | Full Time
Handcrafted in Toronto, BITE BEAUTY was born with a singular idea; create lipstick that is remarkably different. Sourcing good-enough-to-eat ingredients, developing innovative formulas, and producing every product in-house, BITE BEAUTY manufactures without compromise, ensuring only the highest standards for colour, texture, and performance. With its sole focus on lips, BITE BEAUTY proves you don’t have to sacrifice performance for a product made from nature.
We have an opportunity for a passionate and creative Regulatory Affairs Associate to join our growing team. The Regulatory Affairs Associate is a fundamental link between BITE Beauty, its products, and regulatory authorities. This role will be responsible for ensuring BITE products meet regulatory compliance under various jurisdictions including, but not limited to Health Canada, FDA, and EU.
Bite Beauty is a part of Kendo Holdings, Inc.
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Kendo is owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. The Kendo house of brands presently includes: Marc Jacobs Beauty, Kat Von D, Ole Henriksen, Bite Beauty and Fenty Beauty. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, and great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships.
- Collaborate with multiple departments (e.g. Brand, Lip Lab, Marketing, R&D, Compounding etc.) to ensure BITE products meet regulatory standards
- Review raw materials, Certificate of Analysis (C of A), MSDS/SDS, and other relevant documentation to ensure regulatory and BITE Beauty specifications are met
- Register BITE products with regulatory authorities (e.g., Health Canada, Safety Assessors, Cosmetic Product Notification Portal [CPNP])
- Create and maintain BITE Beauty’s raw materials, C of A, MSDS/SDS, and regulatory filings database
- Review and approve final product label from marketing artwork to INCI listings to label claims
- Verify ingredients of each product against restriction list (e.g. Canadian Hotlist, EU annex restriction list, FDA Prohibited & Restricted Ingredients)
- Act as a primary contact with regulatory authorities and Cosmetic Safety Assessors
- Manage challenge tests, microbiological tests, claims, HRIPT
- Author and review regulatory SOPs
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- B. Sc. or comparable Bachelors Degree
- Minimum two (2) years of cosmetic regulatory experience with submissions to regulatory authorities
- Experience working in a cGxP environment and/or a quality management system and/or a Quality Assurance function is a significant asset
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a cross-functional team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining close attention to deadlines, detail, and quality of workmanship
- Discretionary initiative and judgment when handling confidential information
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong experience developing and presenting technical information and presentations to non-technical audiences
- Ability to interpret technical documentation standards
- Creative thinker, takes accountability, strong regulatory surveillance
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and interpersonal skills
- Highly proficient with MS Office (specifically Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Experience with COPTIS and/or any regulatory/formulation software is an asset
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please submit your cover letter and resume for review. In your cover letter, please include answers to the following questions:
- Do you have at least 2 years cosmetic regulatory experience?
- Have you submitted or registered any cosmetics to regulatory authorities?
We wish to thank everyone for their interest in this role; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BITE Beauty welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.