Regional Sales & Education Sr Manager
International | San Paulo, Brazil | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
Reporting to Country Manager, Kendo Brazil, the Sales and Education Senior Manager will ensure a best-in class training of Sephora cast members, while ensuring a perfect execution of in store, marketing plans and overseeing the sales of Kendo Brands within Sephora Brazil.
He/she is responsible for all aspects of achieving education KPIs, supporting key brand education strategies and driving retail sales, for all brands within the KENDO portfolio throughout Brazil. The Sales and Education Manager will work to develop and grow the KENDO business through the coaching and development of Sephora cast members, ensuring that their team is continually educated and skilled on all core collections, new product launches, store promotions and event initiatives. This position will leverage market knowledge and build strong relationships with Sephora Field and Store Leadership to maintain excellent client service.
The position requires approximately 3-4 days per week, working to train retail staff at Sephora stores throughout Brazil.
Education and Training:
- Present and reinforce a professional appearance and maintain Kendo Brand’s appearance and dress code standards at all times, frequently changing makeup styles to reflect each of Kendo’s brands at different trainings and events.
- Build and implement the training plan for the region in collaboration with Sephora training teams
- Execute training events with Sephora Cast
- Adapt international training tools to local specificities and develop any specific assets required to ensure best in class trainings
- Strategize and partner with execution of in-store trainings and special events to support brand marketing calendar, drive sales and track retail sales against goal
- Coordinate brands’ field promotions:
- Define and drive brands’ objectives.
- Collaborate with Sephora teams to set up store animations.
- Manage in-store events’ execution.
- Manage cast´s ongoing training.
- Share best practices observed within or outside the beauty industry with the rest of the department.
- Continually inspires and acts as a Kendo role-model in-stores, teaching by Sephora Cast Members
- Responsible for driving sales in regional territory, building relationships with Sephora store and field leadership (Store Directors, DMs, DEMs, RVPs), optimizing in-store merchandising and brand presentation, inventory focus and ensuring ‘best in class’ execution of brand training and team-selling with Sephora cast
- Implement cluster trainings and store-level events to maximize brand and product exposure in-stores
- Identify and escalate inventory issues and oversees visual merchandising standards through market tours and feedback
Store relationship supervision:
- Be the key Kendo contact for Sephora Brazil stores in order to build local plans, communicate strengths and opportunities with in-store trainings, store line event initiatives, merchandising, inventory, product launches and market-specific education needs, and provide the needed support in order to reach sales targets
- Build stores targets in line with the region budgets and ensures sales follow up
- Ensure in store execution of marketing plans (launches, animation, merchandising, store roll-out) in line with guidelines
- Report all business instore information (Stock needs, merchandizing, training) and recommends improvement proposals
- Assists in new stores openings to ensure compliance and success with Kendo international guidelines
- 5+ years of experience in Prestige Beauty field sales, training and education
- Experience with, and full understanding of, the Sephora concept is preferred
- Exceptional communication skills (presentation/verbal/written)
- Make-up artistry expertise
- Proven Leader with flexibility and ability to function in a fast paced environment, with excellent leadership, management and team building skills
- Organized and attentive to details.
- Self-motivated, results oriented, creative thinker
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel & Outlook
- Mobile and able to travel – valid driver´s license + reliable vehicle
- Fluent English level required