Human Resources | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
The Recruiting Manager is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the recruitment plan and process for Kendo. The Recruiting Manager will identify personnel requirements, evaluate recruitment standards and best practices, and coordinate job postings, interviews and candidate selections. The Recruitment Manager will also write, revise and edit job descriptions, represent Kendo as an "employer of choice" and project annual recruitment expenditures. The Recruitment Manager plays a critical role in ensuring Kendo hires the best possible candidates for all roles as the organization continues to grow each year.
- Design, develop and maintain the recruitment plan and process for Kendo.
- Project and track yearly recruitment expenditures for budgetary consideration and control. Manage external vendors to meet budget guidelines.
- Evaluate recruitment and selection criteria to ensure conformance to professional standards and best practices; recommending revision as needed.
- Maintain current knowledge of legislation changes and employment standards guidelines and laws.
- Work to ensure Kendo continues to be recognized as an "employer of choice" both internally and externally.
- Lead the creation of a recruiting and interviewing plan for each open position and train hiring manager(s), and interviewer(s) on its usage.
- Create, update and revise and maintain job descriptions as needed for client groups.
- Recruit applicants for open positions, coordinate interviewing process, maintain relationships with active candidates, move all selected candidates through the offer process, turn down and close out with all non-selected candidates for all roles.
- Coordinate all internal recruitment processes including job postings, transfers or promotions of selected employees ensuring all applicable standards in hiring are met.
- Post positions using company posting processes and internet application. Manage the day to day operations of recruiting system ensuring all posting are current and candidates are moved through system in timely manner.
- Manage and track all external recruiting resource expenses to not exceed department budget. Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting for most cost effective solutions.
- Advise hiring managers on staffing policies and recruiting procedures.
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Prepare and maintain all pre-employment communications and paperwork.
- Monitors and strives to reduce the costs of the recruitment process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Diploma/Degree in Human Resources or other appropriate related field.
- Industry experience in Cosmetics or other consumer packaged goods/wholesale desirable. Experience in a start-up environment also desirable.
- Minimum four years of recruitment experience.
- Demonstrated interviewing and training skills.
- Working knowledge of employment regulations.
- Willingness to approach projects with a can-do attitude and create the right amount of process where none exists. Fearless about rolling up your sleeves and figuring it out.
- Proven ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and employees.
- Proficiency in Excel, Power Point and Word.
- Experience working in a result focused environment. Ability to work in a fast paced environment and stay focused & calm.
- Exceptional interpersonal listening and communication skills (written and speaking).
- Ability to organize, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and organizational goals.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Optimism and positive attitude, and an ability to keep your eye on the horizon while going through young company growth pains.