R&D Colour Match Technician
BITE Beauty - Production | Toronto, Canada | Full Time
BITE Beauty was born with a singular idea – create lipstick that is remarkably different. Sourcing good-enough-to-eat ingredients, developing innovative formulas, and producing every product in-house, BITE manufactures without compromise, ensuring only the highest standards for color, texture, and performance. With its sole focus on vegan, high performance, and clean, BITE Beauty proves you don’t have to sacrifice performance for a product made from nature.
The R&D Colour Match Technician will be an integral part of our R&D lab and will be responsible for creating, mixing, and matching colour. This role will be hands on with everything colour-related from building shade extensions and developing the next trending colour to colour approving final batches.
Bite Beauty is a part of Kendo Holdings, Inc.
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Kendo is owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. The Kendo house of brands presently includes: Marc Jacobs Beauty, Kat Von D, Ole Henriksen, Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty and Lip Lab by BITE. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, and great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships.
- Accurate pigment production, weighing, melting, milling
- Mix ingredient pigments to create new formulas and colours
- Approve colour of final batches
- Assist compounding department with batch colour matching as required
- Operate scales, hotplates, homogenizers, and milling machines as required
- Work in compliance with provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and all company safety policies.
- 2+ years of experience mixing & creating pigments
- A strong understanding of colour theory with a sharp eye for colour and undertones
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge and familiarity with scales and balances
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work with little supervision
- Previous experience in milling with triple-roll mill preferred
Please submit your cover letter and resume. While we wish to thank all applicants for their interest in the role, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BITE Beauty welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.