Quality Process Engineer
Operations | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
The Quality Process Engineer will play a critical role as the liaison between Operations and Development, providing technical expertise and leadership to ensure new products meet all internal and external requirements. This position will be responsible for facilitating the transfer from development to industrialization and mass production, collaborating with Packaging Development, Product Development, Quality, and Suppliers (component vendors & CMs) to ensure technical specifications are aligned with development requirements and are feasible in the manufacturing environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying process improvement initiatives and developing proposals for problem solving, improvement or optimization of manufacturing related processes. This individual will work in cross-functional teams to complete project initiatives including process mapping, risk assessments, and the evaluation of development activities and their impact on operations. The successful candidate should be able to analyze product inputs, outputs, controlled and non-controlled variables, assist in the development of more effective operational control systems, and evaluate data generated through studies using statistical analytical methods.
- Responsible for management and execution of new product introductions at contract manufacturing facilities
- Ensure industrialization success criteria is defined and translated into technical requirements
- Create reports summarizing scale-up/line trial outcomes and detailing corrective action plans
- Develop testing protocols and control plans in partnership with Quality & Development
- Establish finished product specifications that are achievable and meet all customer requirements
- Implement manufacturing design review process with manufacturing COGs assessments
- Standardize process for assessing risk and identifying potential failures during development
- Identify and drive process improvement initiatives related to manufacturing processes
- Assist in developing and maintaining department SOP’s and other associated documents
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or technical field, or combination of education and experience
- 2-5 years directly related experience in consumer product manufacturing (FDA regulated preferred)
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, able to juggle multiple priorities
- Strong communication skills, can effectively present ideas and findings to peers and management
- Flexible and positive attitude, able to work independently and within teams
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical protocols, write routine reports and operating procedures
- Creative problem solving and analytical skills, keen attention to detail
- Thrives in a fast-paced, often-changing, start-up environment
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally as needed (up to 25%)