Quality Control Associate
BITE Beauty - Production | Toronto, Canada | Full Time
POSITION: Quality Control (QC) Associate
STATUS: Permanent, Full Time
REPORTS TO: Quality Control
LOCATION: BITE Beauty Head Office – Toronto, ON
SHIFT: Mon – Fri, 4:00 PM to 12:00 AM (afternoon shift)
BITE Beauty was born with a singular idea – create lipstick that is remarkably different. Sourcing good-enough-to-eat ingredients, developing innovative formulas, and producing every product in-house, BITE manufactures without compromise, ensuring only the highest standards for color, texture, and performance. With its sole focus on lips, BITE Beauty proves you don’t have to sacrifice performance for a product made from nature.
BITE Beauty is a part of Kendo Holdings, Inc.
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Kendo is owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. The Kendo house of brands presently includes: Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen, BITE, and Fenty Beauty. Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions, the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, and great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships.
The Quality Control (QC) Associate will be responsible for ensuring quality standards and optimal output in production and packaging departments are being achieved. This position will spend their time on the floor at the forefront of production ensuring quality control and standards are being maintained.
This is an afternoon shift that runs Monday through Friday, 4:00 PM to 12:00 AM.
- Daily monitoring of production and packaging lines to ensure quality standards are being met and output levels are optimal
- Regular inspection of line processes in production and packaging
- Identify, document, and assess severity of all production incidents
- Batch record development and documentation
- Crosscheck and verify bar codes and batch codes
- Other responsibilities as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Quality Control/Assurance certification an asset
- 2+ years of Quality Control/Assurance experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and as part of cross-functional teams
- Basic understanding of GMP
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work 4:00PM to 12:00AM regularly and work weekends if required
- Production floor
Please submit your cover letter and resume. While we wish to thank all applicants for their interest in the role, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BITE Beauty welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.