Quality Assurance Specialist
International | Hong Kong, Hong Kong | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
The Quality Assurance Specialist will be responsible for support and maintenance of the company’s Quality Assurance systems. The successful candidate will be responsible for the inspection and disposition of incoming components, bulk, and finished product. This individual will be expected to lead cross-functional teams to resolve quality related supply chain issues.
- · Statistically samples, inspects, and dispositions status of packaging components received from suppliers.
- · Performs functional testing on packaging components.
- · Statistically samples, inspects, and dispositions status of finished products received from external manufacturers.
- · Receives, inspects, and dispositions status of bulk samples and testing data received from external manufacturers.
- · Issues Non-Conformance reports to suppliers and external manufacturers for non-conforming materials. Tracks action plan timing and completion.
- Works with cross functional teams to resolve quality issues and gathers data for investigations.
- · Works closely with production to ensure release of scheduled components and finished products to meet expected ship dates.
- · Maintains and updates standard and specification documents.
- · Verifies external test results and CofAs are within specification and complete, in compliance with GMP practices.
- Develops and manages systems for storage, retrieval, and documentation retention for specifications, inspections, and release documentation.
- · Assists with development and implementation of systems to meet compliance requirements.
- · Assists in developing systems & monitoring programs to assure continuous improvement.
- Assists management with development and maintenance of SOPs/procedures.
- Manages additional projects as directed by management.
- College degree in chemistry or life sciences, or combination of education and experience in cosmetics or related (FDA regulated) industry.
- · Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in manufacturing and/or Quality Assurance.
- · Working knowledge of component and laboratory testing pertaining to cosmetic manufacture, validation, and documentation.
- · Experience with cosmetics and OTC products.
- · Good understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and industry regulations.
- · Excellent analytical skills and problem solving ability.
- Strong English oral & written communication skills.
- · Strong technical writing abilities.
- Strong knowledge of computer programs (e.g. Excel, Word)
- Able to work on numerous simultaneous projects to meet established timelines.
- Must be extremely detail oriented.