Quality Assurance Product Manager International
International | Bergamo, Italy | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
The Quality Assurance Product Analyst is responsible for performing product evaluations and/or examination of batches and goods produced. This role manges and reviews documents submitted by suppliers and contractors. The Analyst communicates approval of batches and goods produced by issuing documented release to suppliers/contractors.
This position plays an important role collaborating with Product Development for technology transfer of new products after the initial manufacturing has been completed. Quality assurance inspectors ensure that products meet industry and federal standards.
- Responsible for performing physical attributes evaluation and/or examination of bulk product, work-in-process, and finished goods manufactured by suppliers.
- Participates in, or performs quality control training programs to achieve organizational compliance for evaluation and/or examination for bulk product, work-in-process and finished goods control.
- Reviews suppliers/contractors batch and goods produced test results. Communicates with suppliers/contractors in regard to results of evaluation and/or examination issues related product/package integrity.
- Reviews sub-contract service inspection reports; reports issues of concern to department head.
- Monitors supplier/contractor documentation to identify modified product specifications. Proposes specification modifications where final limits have not yet been established or where test results reported indicate revision may be needed.
- Develops a process to maintain and catalogue supplier/contractor submission samples (retains) and documentation for future reference.
- Maintains product standards and coordinates with Product Development standard updates.
- Supports Quality Assurance for examination of complaint samples.
- Prepare and present statistical evaluation of product evaluation/examination data for management review. Identify and report trends detected.
- Interface effectively with cross functional partners in routine quality control matters.
- Inspects all incoming finished goods at the DC’s using approved statistical analytical processes.
- Accept or reject finished items.
- Remove all products and materials that fail to meet specifications.
- Will inspect components at manager’s direction.
- Maintains finished goods retains and standards.
- Generates reports for acceptance, rejects and holds.
- Inspects and or audits finished goods, packaging and collateral at manufactures sites as needed.
- Manages corrective action and preventative action (CAPA) programs focusing on root cause analysis.
- College degree in chemistry or life sciences, or combination of education and experience in cosmetics or related (FDA regulated) industry.
- Minimum two years directly related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of Cosmetic Product attributes and characteristics.
- Professional competency and good organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Computer literacy (MS Office) skills required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal instructions from department head.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general technical procedures, forms, work instructions, material safety data sheets, and procedure manuals.
- Strong communication skills: ability to write routine reports and operating procedures, and effectively present ideas and findings to peers and management.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent, convert English/Metric units and apply concepts to practical situations.