BITE Beauty | Toronto, Canada | Full Time
BITE Beauty was born with a singular idea – create lipstick that is remarkably different. Sourcing good-enough-to-eat ingredients, developing innovative formulas, and producing every product in-house, BITE manufactures without compromise, ensuring only the highest standards for color, texture, and performance. With its sole focus on lips, BITE Beauty proves you don’t have to sacrifice performance for a product made from nature.
We have an opportunity for a passionate and creative QA Associate to join our growing team. The QA Associate will be responsible for creating, authoring, and maintaining BITE Beauty's standard operating procedures as well as all technical and controlled documents, forms, and manuals.
Bite Beauty is a part of Kendo Holdings, Inc.
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Kendo is owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. The Kendo house of brands presently includes: Marc Jacobs Beauty, Kat Von D, Ole Henriksen, Bite Beauty and Fenty Beauty. Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions, the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative.
- Meet with and/or interview staff to author and edit SOPs in clear and concise language
- Aides in implementation of QMS
- Maintain document control, create and maintain excel databases
- Create user documentation for a variety of material, including forms, work instructions, SOPs, flow charts and other work aids
- Ensure technical verbiage is easy to understand by the lay person
- Review and approve GMP documents (batch records, stability reports and other related documents)
- Submit work to stakeholders for feedback
- Review documents as necessary and proofread for grammar and spelling
- Conduct internal/external audits
- Initiate and prepare deviation reports
- Support CAPA and Change Control Systems
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum one year of SOP writing experience in a manufacturing environment; food/cosmetics or relevant experience
- Experience working in a GMP environment is required. Candidates with knowledge/experience relative to Quality Assurance, production and health & safety practices would be preferred
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of cross-functional teams, meet deadlines, and perform and prioritize multiple concurrent tasks
- Requires use of discretionary initiative and judgment when handling confidential information.
- Candidate must be able to handle fast-paced environment while maintaining close attention to deadlines, detail, and quality of workmanship.
- Highly proficient with MS Office (specifically Microsoft Word and Excel). Experience with Visio is also desirable
- Proficient in developing and presenting, both verbally and in writing, technical information and presentations to non-technical audiences
- Creative thinker
- Ability to interpret technical documentation standards
- Office, laboratory, production floor, and warehouse
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please submit your cover letter and resume and include answers to the following questions in your cover letter:
- How many SOPs have you written from start to end?
- How many SOPs have you revised?
- Have you worked in a GMP environment for at least one year?