QA Associate (1 Year Contract)
BITE Beauty | Toronto, Canada | Full Time
BITE Beauty was born with a singular idea – create lipstick that is remarkably different. Sourcing good-enough-to-eat ingredients, developing innovative formulas, and producing every product in-house, BITE manufactures without compromise, ensuring only the highest standards for color, texture, and performance. With its sole focus on lips, BITE Beauty proves you don’t have to sacrifice performance for a product made from nature.
We have an opportunity for a passionate and creative QA Associate to join our growing team for a one (1) year contract. The QA Associate will be responsible for creating, authoring and maintaining standard operating procedures (SOPs), technical and controlled documents, forms, manuals, or other forms of instruction.
Bite Beauty is a part of Kendo Holdings, Inc.
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Kendo is owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. The Kendo house of brands presently includes: Marc Jacobs Beauty, Kat Von D, Ole Henriksen, Bite Beauty and Fenty Beauty. Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions, the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative.
- Aides in building and implementing a QMS with a focus on GMP, GDP and regulatory compliance
- Meet with and/or interview staff to author and edit SOPs in clear and concise language
- Maintain document control, create and maintain excel databases
- Create user documentation for a variety of material, including forms, work instructions, SOPs, flow charts and other work aids
- Ensure technical verbiage is easy to understand by the lay person
- Review, approve and maintain GMP documentation
- Submit work to stakeholders for feedback
- Support CAPA, Continuous Improvement and Change Control Systems; conduct internal/external audits; initiate, investigate and prepare deviation reports
- Post-secondary education required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience working in a GMP environment is mandatory.
- Candidates with knowledge/experience relative to Quality Assurance, production and health & safety practices is required
- Minimum one (1) year of SOP writing experience in a manufacturing environment; food/cosmetics or relevant experience
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of cross-functional teams, meet deadlines, and perform and prioritize multiple concurrent tasks
- Requires use of discretionary initiative and judgment when handling confidential information.
- Candidate must be able to handle fast-paced environment while maintaining close attention to deadlines, detail, and quality of workmanship
- Demonstrated GMP knowledge and experience with the following programs and procedures: PPE, calibration, preventative maintenance, rejects/holds/quarantines, batch release, etc.
- Highly proficient with MS Office (specifically Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Proficient in developing and presenting, both verbally and in writing, technical information and presentations to non-technical audiences
- Creative thinker
- Ability to interpret technical documentation standards
- Office, laboratory, production floor, and warehouse
- Ability to travel locally, domestically and internationally, if required
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please submit your cover letter and resume.