Project Manager, Kat Von D Beauty
Operations | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
As the Project Manager for a new product launch you will be responsible for planning and tracking progress through the entire lifecycle of a product, from concept to delivery. Through close partnerships with the Product Development, Packaging, Procurement, Sourcing, Regulatory and Creative partners you will ensure new products are successfully launched on time.
- Responsible for establishing a timeline for delivering new products across multiple channels and brands.
- Own creating and managing a detailed project plan complete with dependencies, owners, deadlines and duration.
- Drive issues to resolution through partnerships and creative problem solving; use rigorous logic and method to solve difficult problems with effective solution.
- Responsible for keeping key partners up-to-date on the progress of projects, risks and issues in a timely manner, and driving the team to completion of deliverables.
- Create and deliver dashboard reporting and overview of project status.
- Experience (2+ years) in Cosmetics, Personal Care, Health & Beauty is preferred
- 5+ year’s project management experience, preferably within retail/consumer cosmetic product
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - prioritization, planning and task delegation
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Ability to work in fast-paced, often-changing environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with good attention to detail
- Proven analytical skills
- Experience in using Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Excel