Project Coordinator (6 Month Contract)
BITE Beauty | Toronto, Canada | Contract
POSITION: Project Coordinator
STATUS: Contract, 6 Months
REPORTS TO: Senior Project Manager
LOCATION: BITE Beauty Head Office – Toronto, ON
BITE Beauty was born with a singular idea – create lipstick that is remarkably different. Sourcing good-enough-to-eat ingredients, developing edible innovations, and producing every product in-house, BITE manufactures without compromise and ensures only the highest standards for colour, texture, and performance. BITE Beauty proves you don’t have to sacrifice performance for a product made from nature.
BITE Beauty is a part of Kendo Holdings, Inc.
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Kendo is owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. The Kendo house of brands presently includes: Marc Jacobs Beauty, Kat Von D, Ole Henriksen, BITE, and Fenty Beauty. Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions, the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring, and innovative.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for tracking progress through the entire lifecycle of a product, from concept to delivery. Through close partnerships with the Product Development, Planning, Production, and Logistics teams this role will ensure new products are successfully launched on time.
- Manage detailed project plans complete with dependencies, owners, deadlines, and duration
- Drive project timelines for delivering new products across multiple channels
- Understand and evaluate end-to-end process and make recommendations for improvements
- Proactively identify and effectively mitigate project risks
- Regular communication with key partners and stakeholders on project progress, risks, and issues
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience in a project coordinator capacity
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Cosmetics, Personal Care, and/or Health & Beauty
- Previous experience managing or directly involved with GMP compliant manufacturing environment
- Experience within the retail/consumer cosmetic product sector preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with shifting priorities
- Ability to work in fast-paced, often-changing environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to think and communicate both strategically and tactically
- Experience in using Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Excel
- PMP certification an asset
- Office, laboratory, production floor
Please submit your cover letter and resume. While we wish to thank all applicants for their interest in the role, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BITE Beauty welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.