BITE Beauty - Production | Toronto, Canada | Full Time
POSITION: Production Coordinator
STATUS: Permanent, Full Time
REPORTS TO: Production Supervisor
LOCATION: BITE Beauty Head Office – Toronto, ON
SHIFT: Mon – Fri, 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM
BITE Beauty was born with a singular idea – create lipstick that is remarkably different. Sourcing good-enough-to-eat ingredients, developing innovative formulas, and producing every product in-house, BITE manufactures without compromise, ensuring only the highest standards for color, texture, and performance. With its sole focus on lips, BITE Beauty proves you don’t have to sacrifice performance for a product made from nature.
BITE Beauty is a part of Kendo Holdings, Inc.
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Kendo is owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. The Kendo house of brands presently includes: Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen, BITE, and Fenty Beauty. Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions, the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, and great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships.
The Production Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the team with all aspects of production and administration. This position will be hands on with manufacturing as well as coordinate teams, schedules, and workflow. Strong leadership skills and the desire for operational excellence are not only required, but necessary to succeed in this role.
This shift runs from 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
- Oversee shift transition including coordinating batches, verifying formulation sheets, and setting up scheduled jobs as per defined production schedule
- Partner with Production Supervisors to maintain production database and master documents
- Verify accuracy of production documents including WIP tags, Production Reports, and Weight Check Forms
- Assist Production Supervisors with coordinating team assignments and tasks
- Work with cross-functional departments to ensure that production elements (batches, finished goods, etc) are transitioned smoothly into and out of production.
- Backfill Production Supervisor responsibilities as required or in the absence of the Production Supervisor
- Work alongside artisans and operators and be hands on with production
- Assist with troubleshooting equipment as required
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Ability to work 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM, Monday to Friday.
- Strong leadership skills
- Organized and self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of cross-functional teams
- Understanding of GMP
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work weekends if required
- Production floor, Production Office
Please submit your cover letter and resume. While we wish to thank all applicants for their interest in the role, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BITE Beauty welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.