Product Analyst, Quality Assurance
Operations | Monroe, NJ | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
The Product Analyst, Quality Assurance is responsible for performing product evaluations and/or examination of batches and goods produced. This role manages and reviews documents submitted by suppliers and contractors. The Product Analyst communicates approval of batches and goods produced by issuing documented release to suppliers/contractors. This role ensures that products meet industry and federal standards.
- Perform physical attribute evaluation and/or examination of finished goods manufactured by suppliers.
- Participate in, or perform quality control training programs to achieve organizational compliance for evaluation and/or examination for finished goods control.
- Review suppliers/contractors batch and goods produced test results. Communicate with quality upper management in regard to results of evaluation and/or examination issues related product/package integrity.
- Review sub-contract service inspection reports; report issues of concern to department head.
- Monitor supplier/contractor documentation to identify modified product specifications.
- Develop a process to maintain and catalogue supplier/contractor submission samples (retains) and documentation for future reference.
- Maintain product standards and coordinate with Kendo Quality Management for standard updates.
- Support Quality Assurance for examination of complaint samples.
- Prepare and present statistical evaluation of product evaluation/examination data for management review. Identify and report trends detected.
- Interface effectively with cross functional partners in routine quality control matters.
- Inspect all incoming finished goods at the Distribution Centers using approved statistical analytical processes.
- Accept or reject finished items.
- Remove all products and materials that fail to meet specifications.
- Inspect components at manager’s direction.
- Generate reports for acceptance, rejects and holds.
- Inspect and or audit finished goods, packaging and collateral at manufactures sites as needed.
- B.S. in Chemistry or Life Sciences, or combination of education and experience in Cosmetics or related (FDA regulated) industry
- Minimum 2 years directly related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong knowledge of Cosmetic Product attributes and characteristics
- Professional competency, good organizational skills with attention to detail
- Computer literacy (MS Office) skills required
- Ability to work independently with minimal instruction from Department Head
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general technical procedures, forms, work instructions, material safety data sheets and procedure manuals
- Strong communication skills: ability to write routine reports and operating procedures, and effectively present ideas and findings to peers and management
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent, convert English/Metric units and apply concepts to practical situations