Operations | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions, KENDO brings to market the freshest, most relevant and innovative brands. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the KENDO team continues to redefine the beauty industry through its brands.
The role of Planner is to own all aspects of a forecasting sales, inventory, and margin for a brand globally. In addition to owning the brand forecast this role is responsible for the training and development of a Channel Planning Analyst who supports multiple brand needs. The position offers, in addition to the duties in Planning, exposure to Inventory Management and Allocations/Customer Service.
- Forecast inventory on a monthly basis and ensure proper inventory levels are maintained by consistently reviewing weeks of supply, sell thru and trend
- Manage company Open-to-Buy to maximize sales, inventory and turn for designated channels
- Partner with retail channels to develop newness/launch forecasts and buys.
- Provide monthly channel sales and inventory reporting to budget and previous forecast by brand/sku.
- Partner with retail channels to build and manage obsolescence plans by brand.
- Present financial forecast and supporting action plans at monthly sales and operations meeting.
- Use key business reports to perform weekly/monthly performance analysis; monitor sales, and inventory levels.
- Maintain and update tools and reports to support the needs of the business.
- Partner with Inventory Management and Production.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with cross-functional teams and cross-channel teams
- Additional projects as required.
- Minimum 3 years inventory planning experience; wholesale experience a plus
- BA, BS preferred
- Strong Inventory Management planning skills
- Experience managing multiple levels of Open-to-Buy
- Experience working in a multi-brand and/or multi-channel business environment
- Proficiency with MS Office, with advanced Excel skills
- Strong problem solving, negotiation, and analytical skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills; able to handle multiple priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, often-changing environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as with cross functional teams.
- Flexible; team player
- Availability to attend conference calls with international markets (early mornings/later evenings) when needed.