Finance | Burbank, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
Payroll Manager will work alongside our Accounting and Human Resources teams and will be responsible for leading and executing our payroll function. This is a hands-on manager role, handling and managing payroll for approximately 350 employees in the U.S. and 20 employees in Canada for a total of 4 payrolls. This position will be in our Burbank office and report to VP, Corporate Controller.
Own, manage, prepare, review, and process bi-weekly, full cycle, exempt and non-exempt payroll. Including but not limited to, benefits, 401(k), taxes, and off-cycle requests, while ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
Manage and ensure the accuracy of payroll including base pay, bonuses, payroll taxes, garnishments, employee changes, new hires, and deductions such as 401K, medical, etc.
Partner closely with Human Resources team to ensure all employee information is accurate for compensation, benefits, paid time off, sick leave, company holidays, etc.
Be a main point of contact for the organization regarding payroll inquiries; lead communication on payroll updates. Working directly with our hourly population to ensure accuracy of timecards.
Own and manage relationships with external payroll service providers.
Prepare payroll related GL reports and support reconciliations for month-end close.
Participate in internal/external payroll related audits and requests.
Work with state agencies and payroll provider to audit discrepancies and file corrections when necessary.
Assist in enhancing procedure documentation and internal controls compliance.
Own and manage a new payroll service provider implementation such as ADP or Ceridian or participate in a HRIS software implementation for payroll within the next 12-24 months.
Prepare/Review all payroll tax, W-2, and other quarterly/annual filings.
Deliver reporting to internal stakeholders as needed.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 8-10 years of relevant Payroll experience with multiple payrolls and Canadian payroll laws.
- Hands-on experience in processing payroll and managing the entire process.
- Demonstrated experience taking ownership of the entire payroll process.
- Strong understanding of payroll accounting and how it applies to payroll such as accruals.
- Excellent problem-solving skills/judgement skills.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.