Part Time, Color Expert
Lip Lab, BITE Beauty | Toronto, Canada | Part Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
Lip Lab x Bite is more than just lipstick. We’re are about discovery, celebrating the big (and small) stuff and sharing your love of makeup with others. We believe lipstick plays a part in some of you best moments- from the first day of a new job to your wedding-and how the lipstick is created can make the journey more fun.
The Color Expert will be responsible for creating fun and feel good moments as part of our custom lipstick experience to guests at the Lip Lab Boutique x BITE. Key responsibilities are serving guests while being part color expert/ guest host and supporting the store environment to be always party ready. Additional responsibilities are supporting sales goals, executing daily operations, executing store events and executing standard operating policy and procedures. A passion for artistry, hospitality and a desire for operational excellence is necessary to succeed in this role.
OVERALL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing exceptional service and education to our guests
- Providing our ultimate service - one-on-one and group consultations to create custom lipsticks
- Organically introduce Bite Beauty RTW options to “build the basket”
- Complete purchases using our POS
- Guest engagement: confirming reservations, any follow-ups needed including timely response to guest feedback
- Host memorable parties for guests
- Serve as Manager on Duty as needed
- Fostering a positive work environment with your team and having an open relationship with your direct manager
- Creating a strong, positive store culture based on and Lip Lab Brand DNA and Kendo values
- Operate with a mindset of teamwork
- Restocking product, supplies and tools
- Follow all Standard Operating Practices and GMP Guidelines for store operations
- Ensuring store environment is clean and hygienic
- Experience in an effective fast paced retail business
- Specialized training in merchandising, sales, artistry an asset
- Client focus mindset, problem-solving abilities and comfort with ambiguity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Part time - 3 days open availability (weekends mandatory)
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds