Packaging Production Artist TEMP
Packaging | San Francisco, CA | Temporary
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen, Fenty Beauty and Fenty Skin.
We are currently seeking a junior to mid level Packaging Production Artist to temporarily join our creative packaging team. This position is located in San Francisco, CA.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Packaging Production Artist who can seamlessly join a highly productive and fast paced studio environment. Must be a team player who is fast, accurate and organized. A keen eye for design, typography and attention to detail is essential. Must feel comfortable following strict brand guidelines as well as be able to manipulate graphics creatively when necessary. A thorough understanding is required of the various printing processes and manufacturing techniques for both primary and secondary packaging. A thorough understanding of structure/dielines is also necessary. Candidate needs to be comfortable using hands and tools to mock up pre-production samples and comps. Candidate should also be comfortable doing basic photo retouching and 2D renderings using photoshop and illustrator. This is NOT a graphic design role.
Create Print-Ready Mechanicals according to brand guidelines for the following:
- Packaging – Secondaries, Primaries, Ancillaries, etc. as well as any other
- Relevant related print marketing materials
- 2-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Proficient in the following software:
- A passion for beauty, fashion and cosmetics
- Highly motivated and able to take initiative
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Thrive under pressure while managing multiple projects in a face paced environment
- Packaging experience in the color cosmetics, beauty and fashion industries preferred
- Comp/prototype studio experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of common industry printing processes and manufacturing techniques
- Light photo retouching and 2D rendering skills