Packaging | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
The Packaging Designer is responsible for creating inspiring and innovative packaging designs for Kendo Brands. This position will translate our brand message
and strategy into compelling package design.
You will have the opportunity to work on innovative projects and see your products from concept to shelf. You will collaborate with multiple team players including engineers, project managers, and production artists.
- Collaborate with Design Director and team throughout design development of all products and packaging for programs, including new products, line extensions, promotional programs and gift sets
- Conceptualize, design and develop graphic/innovative ideas for compelling primary and secondary design
- Review proposed designs with Design Director and VP of Packaging prior to sharing with cross-functional teams to ensure design aesthetics and requirements are met.
- Own the translation of approved master creative compositions and lay outs into the various sizes and formats needed for products while maintaining the original creative intent and specs (including dies, bleed, trim, type safety, resolution, color mode); effectively manage files to ensure accessibility for print specs
- Act as the liaison with Senior Production Artist to ensure artwork is delivered accurately and on-time.
- Ensure brand consistency across all creative and graphic materials
- Sketch and create mood boards
- Prepare artwork renders for presentations
- Create mock-up and comps for meetings
- Execute Design Turnovers and design validations
- Work on multiple projects at one time
- Minimum of 3+ years professional graphic design experience; Beauty or Fashion a plus
- Degree/Certification in Graphic Design or related field
- Fully proficient in Adobe Creative Suite; 3D rendering a plus
- Takes great pride in designs; meticulous with great attention to detail
- Illustration ability desirable
- Excellent typographic skills
- Efficient, flexible and comfortable with designing under tight/dynamic timelines
- Able to quickly problem solve with a maturity level that maintains a positive team environment
- Very strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment