Packaging Design, Internship
Internships | San Francisco, CA | Internship
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
ABOUT SUMMER 2021 INTERNSHIPS
Kendo Brands Summer Internship is a paid, 8 week program where you will be focused on an assigned project, while being introduced to and fully integrated into the daily activities of your team. For Summer 2021, our program will be 100% virtual. You will get the opportunity to explore a department and learn what it is like to develop a career at a beauty brand incubator. Our internships will include exposure to senior leadership in the Kendo organization and regular check-ins on internship status. Interns will also get an opportunity to learn about LVMH and how Kendo fits into the LVMH family.
Applications for the Kendo Summer Internship Program will be open from April 1 – April 16. Applications will close on April 16 at 5 pm PT. We encourage students of diverse backgrounds to apply, including, but not limited to race, ethnicity, gender, LGBTQ+, military status and people with disabilities.
Qualified candidates must be rising juniors or seniors, or no more than one year post graduation. You must be legally authorized to work in the US. Kendo’s internships will be a fulltime 8 week program. Candidates must be available to work either June 7 – July 30 or June 28 – August 20.
Are you a Packaging Designer looking to build a career with a leading global cosmetic company?
At Kendo Brands, our unwavering commitment to open mindedness, integrity and innovation is a great part of what has made us a beauty industry leader. How do we stay ahead of the game? By hiring the best and brightest minds—and that’s why we want you!
What will you work on?
As the Package Design Intern, you will work on a wide range of package design projects, learn about the packaging development process from concept to production. You will learn about sustainable package design and clean beauty. Reporting into the Design Director, you will shadow and work closely with team of highly talented Designers, who will provide guidance and feedback. The ideal candidate is a hardworking, creative, reliable self-starter, and is eager to learn!
How will you create impact?
- Work cross-functionally with other departments; learn about and develop creative assets for Branding and Packaging Guides: graphics, logos, packaging systems, some basic production work.
- Participate in conceptualizing, brainstorms and design review meetings
- Retouch and manipulate images
- Adhere to appropriate timelines and deadlines for production
- Explore, interpret and present trend and market research
How will you fit into the team?
- Have a strong interest and passion for luxury design and beauty/skincare, and understand emerging trends
- Have a team spirit, excellent work ethic, and positive attitude
- Ability to both adapt to and manage changing priorities independently in a fast- paced environment
- Comfortable contributing ideas during meetings – no idea is a bad idea!
What are your skills and experience?
- Rising junior or senior, or class of 2020 or 2021 graduate majoring in Graphic Design/Illustration major is preferred
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Hand sketching abilities
- Strong eye for design
- Creativity and critical thinking skills
- Basic knowledge of layouts, typography, line composition, color, and other graphic design fundamentals
- Compelling portfolio of graphic design work. Please include a link to a portfolio site or samples of your work.
- Good verbal and written communication skills