Operations Coordinator, Education & Events
Education | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about bringing operational excellence and a quality-obsessed approach to support our teams in reaching our clients wherever they are and bringing engaging moments to life.
In this highly organized role, you will be an integral part of the Education team, working at the intersection of multiple operational areas including: Field Education Operations and Global Events & Employee Engagement. In addition, you will be responsible for the coordination of resources required to run the operations of the Education organization. This role is the ideal position for those who want to explore the industry in more depth, impact internal and external initiatives, and have an opportunity to create operational synergy across the organization. The role requires a positive growth mindset who is an outstanding communicator who can deliver incredible customer service, organization, collaboration, leadership, and results.
- Support Global Events team with operational and logistical execution of portfolio of events and programming
- Assess, implement, manage, and reinforce operational processes for event life cycle workflows to support team in servicing internal and external client base
- Evaluate, propose, and support the coordination of vendors and providers of services for event related programming
- Offer creative ideas to add value to the event experience process
- Manage physical storage & digital databases; product, event inventory, master programming calendar, vendor tracker, project management platform, digital asset storage
- Assist with project and meeting scheduling for this highly collaborative team
- Respect confidentiality
- Assist Field Team Education & Operations Manager to modernize operational processes for omni-channel, multi-branded, highly collaborative team
- Manage physical storage & digital databases; product, non-sellable goods, samples, tools, & training materials
- Provide administrative support for Field Team Education & Operations Manager and Field Team Leadership; omni channel & multi-branded calendars, recaps, content uploads, budget tracker, meeting scheduling
- Organize and execute monthly shipping projects to support Field Team training & sales
- Prepare shipments & process manual orders for Field Team and other Education department needs
- Collaborate with Field Team Education & Operations Manager on weekly and monthly internal communications
- Support planning and execution of in-store events and digital trainings
- Assist with project management and timeline maintenance for cross-functional objectives
- Respect confidentiality
- 2+ years of related corporate business experience; Beauty, Events or Marketing industry preferred
- Must demonstrate strong strategic, analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Skilled at managing and adapting to an agile environment with competing and evolving priorities, and a self-critical eye
- Able to build collaborative relationships and work cross functionally with various departments and communication styles
- Must be solutions, customer service and results oriented
- Strong organizational and time management skills; able to handle multiple priorities
- Growth mindset and ability to learn
- Self-starter and intrinsically motivated to seek out opportunities to further develop their craft and areas of expertise
- Positive culture addition; inclusive team contributor with a can-do attitude – no matter how small or large the task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills across various programs — Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite