National Education and Artistry Manager
International | London UK | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
The National Education & Artistry Manager is responsible for the strategic planning and implementation of education programs that bring brand DNA, storytelling and product passion for KENDO Brands to life in the UK & Ireland. This role will be responsible for cascading the global training and brand education strategy for a wide range of education initiatives such as internal field team update training, brand dedicated artist onboarding, retailer training focuses and establishing consistent education programming across the region. This role will be critical in analyzing business needs, identifying areas of growth opportunity and ensuring our brands offer best in class high touch customer service at every point of contact with our customer.
Identifying training and developmental needs, the goal is to enhance our Retail Artists skills, performance, productivity and quality of work and to bring the unique DNA of Kendo to life in our market.
- Generate, refine and execute all elements of a UK & Ireland training strategy that addresses the specific needs and expectations of the region.
- Identify and assess future and current training needs through job analysis, career paths, annual performance appraisals and consultation with line managers
- Work with Global Education & Content Managers to adapt, implement, and customize training videos, education tools and training programs for the UK and Irish market
- Inspire and motivate Kendo Brands dedicated field education teams, our brand dedicated artists and retailer employed consultants across a diverse portfolio of channels within the UK and Ireland.
- Develop region specific yearly education calendar of training programs and initiatives that motivate and inspire, are results-driven, provide engaging brand experiences and provide data-rich, measurable impact
- Deploy a wide variety of training methods. Ensure that market-specific and cultural needs are met within training methods and programs, monitoring existing brand education programs to asses ongoing needs within the market and to keep training initiatives and events current and innovative.
- Partner closely with the UK Sales team team to drive planning and execution of elevated training opportunities to support the
- Partner with Global Education teams to distribute content across all Kendo brands and ensure consistency with storytelling, artistry technique, skincare application and brand messaging
- Manage the brand specific Education & Artistry Specialist field team
- Minimum of 3 years+ proven experience as a training manager in the cosmetic industry
- A high level of artistry attainment
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (mentoring, coaching, on shop floor or in classroom training, e-learning, workshops, simulations etc)
- Excellent communication and leadership skills with ability to lead, develop and inspire a team
- ·Excellent project management skills, including proven ability to manage projects and partner with various levels in the organization
- High-level attention to detail and accuracy in execution of work and tasks
- Proficient computer skills— Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Publisher, InDesign
- Preferably with multi-brand experience
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively