Merchandising Planning Manager - 12 Month Contract
International | Sydney, Australia | Temporary
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
Merchandise Planning Manager – 12 Month Contract
The role of Merchandise Planning Manager, is to own all aspects of inventory & supply management for the ANZ market while overseeing forecasting of sales in partnership with the Brand Management Team and our retail partner(s). This role is responsible for the end-to-end planning of brand sales across multiple channels, working closely with the Global Merchandise Planning team based in San Francisco. The position offers, in addition to the duties in Merchandise Planning, direct influence and exposure to Inventory Management and Global Fulfillment and Logistics/Customer Service.
- Manage brand Open-to-Buy in partnership with Global Merchandise Planning to maximize sales and optimize inventory for each brand/channel.
- Own the local brand forecasting process on a monthly basis, consistently reviewing weeks of supply, delivering optimal in-stock rates, sell through and highlighting trends to the Brand Management team.
- Support overall brand strategy and execution through rigorous in-season sales and inventory management. Collaborate with key business partners on ways to mitigate forecast risks and maximize sales opportunities.
- Support Brand Management team in aligning with retail partners on overall retail expectations, wholesale investment, and all newness forecasts and buys.
- Responsible for alignment with Global Merchandise Planning team on monthly channel sales and inventory forecasts and total global rollup of retail, wholesale, and margin.
- Point of contact between Global Merchandise Planning, Fullfillment and Logistics teams and retail partners
- Coordinate with retail partner(s) to align on monthly OTB forecast and reforecast, and to develop newness/launch forecasts and buys.
- Monitor order fulfillment and shipping processes against fill rate and lead time KPI’s, problem solving where improvements are needed.
- Monitor sell through performance vs. target of key launches and core collections, identifying opportunities and building inventory exit strategies.
- Responsible for building local annual budgets across both Gross Wholesale and Net Wholesale.
- Maintain a collaborative, innovative and results-oriented environment that aligns with other Brand Management and Planning teams.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with cross-functional teams and cross-channel teams. Clear, concise communication is key to the success of the brands.
- Continually identify and implement improvements to the local planning processes in partnership with our retail partner(s) and broader teams.
- Supports the General Manager in department activities and meeting preparation.
- Additional projects and problem solving as needed
- Minimum 5 years inventory planning experience; wholesale experience a plus
- Critical understanding of retail math and metrics to influence planning.
- Experience managing multiple levels of Open-to-Buy (Top down/Bottoms up)
- Experience working in a multi-channel/country business environment (different currencies, seasonality, etc).
- Proficiency with MS Office, with advanced Excel skills
- Strong problem solving, negotiation, and analytical skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills; able to handle multiple priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, often-changing environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as with cross functional teams.
- Flexible; team player