Manager, Tik Tok & Emerging Platforms, Fenty Beauty & Fenty Skin
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen, Fenty Beauty and Fenty Skin.
Fenty Beauty is seeking a content creator to help build our brand on TikTok and other emerging platforms. This role will be in charge of creating best-in-class and unique content for different platforms, including TikTok.
Candidates should have strong creative and video skills, as well as a knowledge of the social media and influencer space, particularly in beauty. Candidates should be on the cusp of social innovation—always ahead of what’s next and trends within social and digital and has a deep-seated passion for TikTok, and other social media channels.
- Lead the development of ownable best-in-class TikTok social strategy and social marketing campaigns across all channels to drive brand awareness, engagement, and advocacy.
- Engage with TikTok followers and monitor conversations from the brand’s voice
- Develop seasonal TikTok and emerging media strategy and ideate custom content to support initiatives
- Manage the content calendar, creative briefing and asset delivery
- Identify and communicate with up-and-coming TikTok influencers and creators
- Keep your pulse on the latest TikTok and emerging platform trends, and propose ideas on how we can show up on these platforms
- Utilize analytics platforms and survey competitive landscape to share insights and trends in real-time.
- Help to track growth of social media followers and engagement on your channels, i.e. TikTok and emerging platforms identified
- Promote events and retailer campaign initiatives on TikTok and other emerging platforms
- Participate in brainstorms and content ideation
- Produce deliverables and field inbound requests in a timely manner
- Be self-sufficient with producing your own content
- Significant experience as a TikTok user in a corporate setting
- 5-7 years in social media marketing or equivalent experience, including incorporating new platforms into organizations
- Deep knowledge of what performs well on the platform and what doesn't
- History of creating content that performed well and drove attention whether for yourself or a partner
- An eye for content that will drive engagement
- Ability to be inventive, imaginative, agile, and resourceful.
- Direct experience with influencer marketing, sponsored content or other creator marketing integrations preferred
- Passion for the beauty industry and strong interest in the social and digital space
- Creative, innovative personality that is always thinking outside of the box
- Attention to detail, responsible, and reliable
- Candidates should be flexible, organized, and be able to manage timelines efficiently with exceptional time and project management skills
- Strong analytical skills for measuring/tracking success and KPIs
- Qualitative research skills, including the ability to interpret social data and turn it into actionable insights
- Efficiency is your motto – exceptional organizational skills; able to juggle multiple on-going priorities at the same time and quick to pivot as things change in real-time
- Great with feedback and revisions
- Capable and driven to quickly learn new technologies and continually upgrade current skill set
- Able to work independently and within teams
- Exceptional caption writing skills with strong attention to detail, grammar, brand tone, and voice
- Can demonstrate flexibility and composure under pressure
- Proactive go-getter and effective communicator
- Candidates should feel comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment and have a can-do attitude.