Manager/Sr. Manager, Product Development, Skincare
Product Development | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
The Manager or Sr. Manager, Skincare Product Development will be responsible for managing and driving the day-to-day skincare development process, from concept to launch, for the Fenty Skin brand. The position will be responsible for supplier communication, and management of relationships with cross-functional partners in packaging development, project management, sourcing, regulatory, quality assurance, and brand management.
- Manage all phases of skincare formula development and new product innovation.
- Lead internal communication with cross-functional partners as it relates to product briefs, formula evaluation, copy and claims, artwork and regulatory deliverables.
- Monitor and maintain on-time delivery of critical project milestones.
- Manage daily communication with external partners.
- Evaluate formula submissions with team and management.
- Review all batch submissions as needed, including on-site approvals when necessary.
- Maintain key relationships with contract manufacturers. Conduct onsite development when necessary.
- Responsible for lab briefs and communication with third-party development labs.
- Survey competitive landscape to develop best-in-class products by identifying trends and current and emerging competitors.
- Participate in and contribute to new product concept brainstorming sessions.
- College degree with 5 years (Manager) or 7+ years (Sr. Manager) relevant work experience in skincare product development
- Passionate about skincare and the beauty industry
- Experience managing direct reports
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects through strong prioritization and planning
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, often-changing collaborative environment.
- A team player, flexible and able to adapt to change
- A self-starter, able to work independently and take initiative
- Demonstrates a can-do attitude, and is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with exceptional attention to detail
- Domestic and international travel may be required