Operations | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
This position is responsible for managing a Brand portfolio of direct material packaging components/Formula and direct development with vendors to support Kendo’s Product Development strategies. This includes, but is not limited to, negotiating cost and Capacity with vendors to ensure optimal Value for the brand and partnering with the Operations team to achieve the Optimal TCO as well as Flexibility.
- Develop vendor relationships that meet quality demands and result in best cost and on-time delivery of products
- Make recommendation on purchasing model (full turnkey, directed buy, or non-turnkey)
- Make vendor recommendation based on capacity at vendors
- Negotiate formula and packaging costs to ensure Kendo with Optimal landed Cost
- Design to Cost/Value in Partner with Packaging and PD teams to get best value Product at launch
- Identify, track and measure financial cost savings for assigned sourcing projects: quantify cost avoidance, contributions to other markets, currency fluctuations and their impact, and savings cannibalization, as applicable
- Continually identify opportunities for improvement across all brands, both short-term and long-term
- Manage Business award (Award Letter, Molds contracts, …)
- Optimize sourcing procedures to attain maximum efficiency
- Develop Vendor Score Cards with PD, Packaging, Production, Procurement, Creative and Regulatory
- Participate to Suppliers Business Review Meeting
- Cooperate with stakeholders to guarantee agreement on terms and processes
- Work in close relationship with Kendo procurement team to ensure optimal flow from Brief to PO
- 5+ years of experience in a Sourcing role
- Experience working in the beauty industry preferred
- Demonstrated effective negotiation and influencing skills that deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects via prioritization and planning
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and vendor relationships
- Ability to think strategically, and apply problem solving ability to tactical issues.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to win support and stimulate others to take action, make changes, improve processes and challenge the "status quo"
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, often-changing collaborative environment
- Some travel may be required