Manager, Social Media Marketing, Fenty Beauty
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen, Fenty Beauty and Fenty Skin.
As the Social Media Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for leading the development, planning, and execution of social media marketing campaigns. As a key strategic lead, you will ensure that all social support of marketing campaigns and initiatives delivers on Fenty Beauty’s overarching strategy and KPI’s. The Social Media Manager will work closely with the Digital, Marketing, International, Retailer, Creative and Brand Management teams to help meet brand objectives.
Candidates should have strong creative writing and verbal communication skills, as well as a knowledge of the digital media space, particularly in beauty. Candidates should feel comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment and have a can-do attitude. Efficiency is your motto – exceptional organizational and time management skills; able to juggle multiple on-going priorities at the same time and quick to pivot as things change in real-time. Candidates should be on the cusp of social innovation—always ahead of what’s next and trends within social and digital and has a deep-seated passion for social media. Candidate should also have a strong creative eye for beauty. Candidates should be able to take an idea from conception to execution, engaging key partners and resources along the way to help achieve goals.
- Lead the development of ownable best-in-class social strategy and social marketing campaigns across all channels to drive brand awareness, engagement, and advocacy.
- Present comprehensive strategies and campaign plans to gain senior management alignment and partner buy in. Communicate out to cross functional teams.
- Lead and execute daily channel operation: content planning, copywriting, and community management across all platforms
- Manage content creation and curation process (organic and paid) including photo and video shoots as well as partnering with Influencer Manager to ideate and collaborate on paid partner content
- Manage and inspire others on the team to help articulate and execute the social strategy across platforms
- Lead creative brainstorms and content/campaign ideation
- Be a strategic thought partner and collaborate with the cross-functional teams to create and drive social media projects
- Provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports on key social KPIs including insights that inform future actions.
- Manage annual organic social budget & optimize spend based on business objectives
- Utilize analytics platforms and survey competitive landscape to share insights and trends in real-time.
- Serve as a thought leader in Social Media and share best practices, general guidance and the implications of platform updates with broader teams
- Be a strategic thought partner and leader in Social Media to cross functional teams sharing best practices, general guidance and the implications of platform updates
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7 years in Social Media Marketing or equivalent experience preferred
- Passion for the beauty industry and strong interest in the digital space.
- Creative, innovative personality that is always thinking outside of the box.
- Deep understanding of social media platforms: Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest etc.
- Extensive experience with Social Media Management Systems and Social Listening/Analytics tools. (e.g. Listen First, Sprinklr, Traackr, Dash Hudson, Curalate, Social Flow, Tweetdeck, Hoot Suite, etc).
- Experience working across digital media and creative: drawing connections between the brand identity and marketing objectives to inform differentiated and effective new media programs that engage customers, increase awareness and spark advocacy
- Strategic, proactive and supportive qualities
- Attention to detail, responsible, and reliable.
- Creative eye for beauty content
- Experience with community management, customer service, and social engagement.
- Exceptional writing skills with strong attention to detail, grammar, brand tone, and voice.
- Can demonstrate flexibility and composure under pressure
- Strong analytical skills for measuring/tracking success and KPIs.
- Qualitative research skills, including the ability to interpret social insights and data and translate it into actionable business results.
- Exceptional time and project management skills
- Budgeting and organizational skills
- Ability to manage up and communicate effectively on projects
- Capable and driven to quickly learn new technologies and continually upgrade current skill set.
- Flexible and positive attitude; able to work independently and within teams