Manager - Retailer Marketing, Fenty Beauty
Marketing | Hybrid in San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: Never, never, never give up
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
As a condition of employment, Kendo requires all newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date unless they have requested and received an exemption from the Company in the form of a reasonable accommodation due to a qualifying medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief or practice.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
Responsible for building strategic marketing plans & driving the business for Fenty Beauty specifically in our retail channels based on the global strategy. This role will work closely with global marketing and the retail marketing partners to ensure that we maximize traffic to the channel, as well as exposure in the channel in conjunction with the brand management team. Serves as the key strategic marketing partner for all retailer marketing, creating differentiated plans across retailers to maximize client acquisition and retention. The ideal candidate would have 5-7 years in marketing, be passionate and knowledgeable about marketing and beauty (especially our brands), and savvy in digital/social. Some travel will be required.
- Support development & execution of marketing strategy and plans for retailer marketing across all touch points (in-store, digital, out of store, social, influencer, media, etc) in conjunction with global marketing and brand mgmt.
- Potential to work across channels, building differentiated plans based on the target audience of each partner
- Build strong relationships with retail marketing team in order to develop strong partnership opportunities
- Work closely with creative and content strategy to develop assets required to support retailer marketing plans (Creative, Copy, Video, etc)
- Proactively pitch new ideas to maximize exposure and client connection based on global & retailer strategies, as well as cultural and beauty trends
- Work closely with Fenty Beauty social & influencer marketing to build out 360 plans across all levers driving to retailers
- Manage any retailer-dedicated paid media strategy, creative, execution and results in partnership with retailer & agencies as appropriate
- Responsible for keeping marketing plans aligned with brand DNA
- Support team with budgeting process and management
- Drive internal excitement when communicating projects or plans to internal & external partners
- Employ strategy & strong analytics to analyze trends, insights and marketing data to generate insights & learnings to put into action
- Keep constant pulse on pop culture, world events and marketing innovation
- 5-7 years of experience in marketing or brand management on beauty brand and/or agency side; beauty expertise required
- Effective relationship-building skills; professional savvy and organizational agility to leverage partnerships across the organization to get work done
- Strong leadership & communication skills with ability to manage, storytell & influence internal & cross-functional teams
- Retail marketer with ability to build & execute plans with support across various disciplines
- Passion for consumer insights, data and cultural trends
- Obsessed with the world of digital and social media marketing
- Proactive problem-solving skills
- Entrepreneurial – able to deal with ambiguity and respond with flexibility & agility
- Exceptional organizational skills; detail-oriented.
- Strong time management skills; ability to juggle priorities and multiple projects.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint); ability to deliver strong, polished, effective PowerPoint presentations