Human Resources | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen, Fenty Beauty and Fenty Skin.
The Manager, Recruitment, is responsible for collaborating with the business to deliver a best in class recruitment experience at Kendo. As a member of the People + Kulture (HR) team, this position will source, screen, recruit and hire positions while coaching hiring managers on staffing best practices to insure Kendo hires the best candidates for all roles in the organization.
- Recruit applicants for open positions, coordinate interviewing process, maintain relationships with active candidates, move all selected candidates through the offer process, turn down and close out with all non-selected candidates for all roles.
- Advise hiring managers on staffing policies and recruiting procedures, building relationships with departments within Kendo and develop detailed knowledge of position requirements
- Assist with continued development of diversity recruiting best practices, insuring all positions have a diverse slate of candidates
- Partner with People + Kulture (HR) team on wide variety of HR issues such as compensation, benefits and onboarding that impact the Talent Acquisition function
- Assist with managing employment branding strategies that showcase Kendo as an employer of choice
- Keep current on the latest recruitment tools, trends, and sourcing methods by networking within key communities, proactively network for future recruitment needs using LinkedIn and other creative sourcing tools
- Manage and track temporary and freelance recruitment needs, working with agencies and third party vendors, as appropriate.
- Partner with local and national universities and colleges to help develop Kendo’s diversity recruitment, internship and entry level hiring programs
- Ensure that monthly and ad-hoc reports are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintain current knowledge of legislation changes and employment standards guidelines and laws.
- 5-7 years of full lifecycle recruitment experience, ideally in a consumer products organization
- Minimum 3 years of in-house recruitment experience for a wide range of corporate positions ranging from entry to mid-level
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience required
- Develop excellent relationships with candidates, hiring managers, and internal partners to foster a positive candidate and employer brand experience
- Enthusiasm for the beauty industry required and desire to work across a portfolio of amazing brands. Experience in a fast-paced environment also desirable.
- Well versed in recruiting technologies, applicant tracking systems, and social media platforms
- Demonstrated ability to work with and influence a wide range of business partners at all corporate levels
- Exceptional interpersonal listening and communication skills (written and speaking).
- A social media pro with demonstrated knowledge of social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube.
- Positive and upbeat attitude
- Proficiency in Excel, Power Point and Word.
- Ability to organize, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines and organizational goals.
- Able to proactively develop solutions and respond quickly in a dynamic and ambiguous environment.