Manager, Packaging Development
Packaging | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
The Packaging Development Manager will be responsible for developing quality, innovative, first-to-market products for Kendo brands.
- Manage package development, innovation, and quality for various Kendo brand products
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners regarding timelines, costs, MOQ, and package design
- Ideate new product and packaging concepts
- Improve and optimize the quality and performance of existing core products
- Review technical specs (2D and 3D) to develop both stock and custom packages
- Partner with team on component design and material selection
- Evaluate submissions with team for unified feedback
- Meet tooling and launch deadlines and gross margin targets
- Actively contribute in brand-specific product development meetings
- Survey competitive landscape to develop best-in-class products
- Request, follow-up, and distribute samples in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external partners
- Accessories/brushes and soft goods experience a plus
- Passionate about makeup and packaging
- Must have a college degree with at least 5+ years work experience or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects – prioritization and planning
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Ability to work in fast-paced, often-changing collaborative environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with outstanding attention to detail
- Some travel may be required