Manager, Merchandise Planning
Finance | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen, Fenty Beauty and Fenty Skin.
The role of Manager, Merchandise Planning, is to oversee all aspects of forecasting sales, inventory, and margin across multiple retail partners. The position offers, in addition to the duties in Merchandise Planning, a focus on developing analytical capabilities and direct influence on Inventory Management.
- Support overall Brand strategy and execution through rigorous in season sales and inventory management.
- Collaborate with key business partners on ways to mitigate forecast risks and maximize sales opportunities.
- Manage monthly brand level Open-to-Buy activities, including the monthly presentation of the financial forecast KPI’s to the Executive Team.
- Oversee the brand forecast on a monthly basis and ensure the team is consistently reviewing weeks of supply, driving > 95% in-stock rates in channel, sell through on limited buys, and highlighting trends to the brand team.
- Ensure that the team is aligning with retail channels on overall retail expectations, wholesale investment, and all newness forecasts and buys prior to having purchase orders written by the Production Team.
- Responsible for alignment with regional Kendo offices on monthly channel sales and inventory forecasts and total global rollup of retail, wholesale, and Margin.
- Collaborate with team to identify and develop analytical capabilities.
- Accountable for skill development of team members to ensure job satisfaction and future talent development.
- Maintain a collaborative, innovative and results-oriented environment that aligns with other brand planning teams.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with cross-functional teams and cross-channel teams. Build confidence and trust across all members of team. Clear, concise communication is key to the success of the brand.
- Continuously improve forecast techniques, methodology, and approach across entire Planning organization. Seek standardization opportunities in forecasting and reporting where appropriate.
- Drive structure in planning processes but allow for new ideas/processes to be proposed. Share best practices with other team members.
- Supports the Sr. Planning Manager in department activities and meeting preparation.
- Assist in creating cross channel/brand reports and materials for ad hoc requests. Periodically review total company rollup for accuracy and completeness.
- Additional projects as required.
- Minimum 5-7 years inventory planning experience; wholesale experience a plus
- BA, BS preferred
- Critical understanding of retail math (Comp., Margin, etc.) and how to influence metrics.
- Experience managing multiple levels of Open-to-Buy (Top down/Bottoms up)
- Proficiency with MS Office, with advanced Excel skills
- Strong problem solving, negotiation, and analytical skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills; able to handle multiple priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, often-changing environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as with cross functional teams.
- Flexible; team player
- Availability to attend conference calls with international markets (early mornings/later evenings) when needed.
- Experience managing and developing others