Manager, Materials Management
Supply Chain | Hybrid in San Francisco, CA | Full Time | From $90,134.00 to $112,668.00 per year
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- “Can Do” Spirit: We work together to make our wildest dreams a reality: As entrepreneurs, we embrace optimism and find creative ways to reach our goals
- Advocacy, Diversity, and Inclusion: We recognize and celebrate the full spectrum of personal identities. We create safe spaces so everyone’s voice is heard. We listen with humility and act with courage.
- Storytelling: We tell authentic stories like no one else: It’s our key to inspire trust and build relationships, rallying, our people, partners, and consumers around our brands.
- Resilience: We embrace challenges as opportunities. Change is ever-constant, and agility is our strength.
- Product Excellence: We put the consumers first: We constantly raise the bar to create products of the highest quality that everyone just has to have.
As a condition of employment, Kendo requires all newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date unless they have requested and received an exemption from the Company in the form of a reasonable accommodation due to a qualifying medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief or practice.
The salary range for this position is $90,134 -$112,668 based upon a San Francisco location. Offered salary is dependent upon experience and location. Kendo Total Rewards offerings also include an annual bonus and a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental and vision insurance, flex paid time off program, parental leave, employee discount/perks, a retirement plan with employer contributions, Summer Fridays, opportunity to work from anywhere for a month in the summer and July and December wellness/shutdown weeks for applicable positions.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Lip Lab, Ole Henriksen.
Kendo Brands has a hybrid work model with three days in office and two days remote each week.
The Manager, Materials Management will support the management of procurement-related activities for a specific Kendo brand and product line. They will collaborate with internal partners and vendors to deliver on-time and quality products, which will include turnkey and non-turnkey SKUs. Monitor, track, and problem-solve to support new product launches, replenishment of core SKUs, brands’ performance goals, as well as company’s growth.
- Create, manage and close purchase orders, coordinating, and managing inventories of assigned packaging categories to meet production requirements. RTV’s as needed.
- Analyze, identify and address planning / procurement-related issues that the CM, Production Planning, or other stakeholders bring forward. Involves identifying issue root causes and developing the best course of action to address issues.
- Serve as the liaison between Contract Manufacturer (CM) and Vendor to reduce materials supply stockouts and protect plan stability/schedule adherence. i.e.: Resolve materials supply issues that arise from CM schedule changes and vendor delays.
- Key contact for vendors, focused on building strong collaborative vendor relationships and influencing vendors to participate and implement key Kendo supply chain initiatives.
- Optimize network inventory levels by leveraging AX ERP system to set and deliver inventory management strategies
- Developing and executing safety stock strategies in AX while enabling flexible production at the vendor.
- Establish and drive materials management continuous improvement programs to reduce excess materials, expedited freight, and unnecessary interplant movements.
- Develop tools, capabilities, and metrics to better track and improve Material Management performance. Ensure objectives are being delivered across the Supply Chain.
- Provide guidance across the manufacturing network to drive change and manage planning activities to support DOI and Service goals.
- Provide process ownership that highlights forecast variances for proactively managing materials supply issues.
- Responsible for BOM change and master data processes to ensure new materials, new suppliers, and technical changes are executed with excellence (i.e.; on time and accurately).
- BA / BS Degree or equivalent experience required.
- APICS CPIM or CSCP certification preferred but not required.
- Minimum combined of 5-7 years’ experience in any of these areas: Materials Management, Procurement, Supply Chain Planning, Demand Planning, Logistics, and/or Change management.
- Knowledge of the MRP, scheduling, capacity planning, and financial objectives and works to ensure MRP best reflects the execution schedule.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in ERP/MRP system (Dynamic365 is a plus).
- Basic Excel skills required (V-lookups, pivot tables, and formula entry a must).
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving, managing, and measuring work, and process management skills preferred.
- Strong attention to detail a must.
- Able to professionally communicate clearly: verbally and written.