Manager, Marketing, BITE Beauty
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
Responsible for owning, creating and executing innovative, consumer-focused brand marketing strategies and plans for BITE Beauty. Serves as the key strategic marketing partner to KENDO cross-channel partners, Sephora cross-channel partners, vendors and agencies. The ideal candidate would have 5-7 years in marketing, be passionate and knowledgeable about marketing and beauty (especially our brands), and savvy in digital/social. Some travel will be required.
- Support development & execution of marketing strategy and plans for BITE Beauty across all marketing touch points to support BITE’s global presence (US, Canada, AUS, Dot.com)
- Manage both internal and external cross-functional partnerships, including PR & Media agencies, Creative, Brand, Digital & Operational teams
- Work closely with BITE Social & Influencer marketing teams on strategies and plans that ladder up to the overall global strategy
- Manage paid media strategy, creative, execution and results in partnership with BITE leadership, digital team and external agency
- Responsible for keeping marketing plans aligned with brand DNA
- Drive asset creation to support plans in partnership with Creative, Copy & Video teams
- Support BITE leadership with budgeting process and management
- Maintain close communication with Lip Lab by BITE team, and may be required to support Lip Lab for key initiatives
- Drive internal excitement when communicating projects or plans to internal & external partners
- Employ strategy & strong analytics to analyze trends, insights and marketing data to generate insights & learnings to put into action
- Keep constant pulse on pop culture, world events and marketing innovation
- 5-7 years of experience in marketing or brand management on brand and/or agency side; management experience a plus.
- College degree or equivalent experience; retail experience preferred (beauty experience a plus).
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint); ability to deliver strong, polished, effective PowerPoint presentations.
- Effective relationship-building skills; professional savvy and organizational agility to leverage partnerships across the organization to get work done.
- Proactive problem-solving skills; ability to anticipate obstacles and also quickly generate alternate solutions/ideas.
- Can-do positive attitude and a roll-up-your-sleeves approach; personable and flexible with demands and changes in business.
- Honed presentation skills; confidence in presenting in multiple forums, including senior leadership level.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Entrepreneurial – able to deal with ambiguity and work with little or no direction.
- Exceptional organizational skills; detail-oriented.
- Strong time management skills; ability to juggle priorities and multiple projects.
- Employs a strategic approach to process; ability to organize and divvy up work effectively.
- Passion and knowledge for beauty industry, products and artistry