Manager, Learning Experience Design
Education | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
- Training Needs Assessment and Instructional Design Together with the international education directors and global content managers, conduct gap analysis to address performance opportunities, and to drive innovations for our global field team. Prioritize the importance of identified gaps and recommend interventions while documenting and presenting methods and findings. Get things done through co-creation, inviting discussion and debate, and leveraging those ideas back into the solution to make decisions for the business, people and culture of Kendo.
- Building a channel training strategy Work closely with the Director of Education and Events to devise the global training strategy across channels and brands. Build expertise in global distribution and nuances to establish key training focuses that translate into a global vision with customization for the regions. Staying closely aligned with Global & other regional counterparts to ensure consistency and to share best practices, wins and opportunities.
- Stakeholder Management Build and foster strong partnerships with our global content team and be an effective voice of thought leadership and collaboration. Being a strategic partner to the overall Education and Content teams by collaborating on learning opportunities, priorities and impact.
- Continuous Innovation and Demonstrating Training Impact Being an avid learner and staying up to speed on the newest trends in digital learning, interactive learning paths, and are able to use data to demonstrate the impact of the Learning & Development programs rolled out in per site and region.
- Facilitation Deliver learning material in face-to-face and virtual environments to leadership audiences across a variety of cultural backgrounds and facilitate live trainings and webinars.
- Take big complex ideas and design learning content and experiences that are simple, accessible, relevant, and easily implemented.
- Experience simplifying and translating material content for an audience that may not be technical. Help craft the written and visual story to meet our learner needs. Streamline existing learning design processes and provide consultation and guidance for LMS module development.
- Work outside the traditional classroom space and create bite-sized learning experience that enable and inspire immediate behavioral change.
- Demonstrate your skills with cross-functional partnership by listening, consulting, and delivering on the needs of our stakeholders.
- Write, maintain and update operational education including course outlines for eLearning, and resources for ILT, to ensure employees receive training where and when they need them.
- Pursue a deep understanding of learner roles and work to ensure that learning solutions to meet learner needs.
- Collaborate with SMEs to develop both an empathetic and data-driven deep understanding of employees, their operational educational needs, and their barriers to success.
- Serve as a champion to new learning approaches, technology, and measurement tools to ensure we provide a best-in-class educational experience for our employees - who in turn will best serve our drivers.
- 3 - 5 years of instructional design experience
- 3 - 5 years of copywriting experience
- 3 - 5 years of project management experience
- Excellent teaming skills
- Strong consulting and relationship-building skills
- Bachelor’s degree in design, learning development, or a related field
- Proficiency in eLearning tools (Elucidat, Captivate 2017, Articulate 360, etc), Responsive Design and Learning Management Systems (i.e. Absorb, etc) a plus
- Video editing (Camtasia or After Effects)
- Voice-over recording (Adobe Audition)
- Learning Management System (LMS) experience – Cornerstone
- Wireframing, Prototyping (Sketch, Invision, etc.)
- Presentation design (Keynote/PowerPoint)
- Multimedia production (GIFs, deck templates, infographics, animations, etc.)
- Intermediate to advanced skill in Adobe Create Cloud, Microsoft Office, HTML5 and CSS, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Experience with graphic design, video, micro-learning, responsive design, gamification, simulations, animation/motion graphics preferred
- Curriculum development
- Technical writing
- Graphics manipulation and editing (Photoshop, Illustrator, SnagIt)
- Localization experience
- Webinar facilitation experience
- Familiarity with adult learning theories and principles
- Learning and Development, People Development, Retail and Beauty Experience Preferred