Manager, Finance – Decision Support, Revenue and Margin
Finance | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen, Fenty Beauty and Fenty Skin.
This role will report to the Director of Finance Revenue and Margin. This role is responsible for proper reporting, forecasting, and analysis of the financial performance of Kendo’s sales and gross margin, including all our brands, and supports the business in making informed decisions. This role will also play a primary role in advancing the sophistication of margin forecasting and reporting, including net sales and cost of goods sold. The ideal candidate is a change leader who can effectively interact and collaborate in a cross-functional team environment.
- Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct monthly margin actuals vs. forecast variance analysis and ensure meaningful insight into drivers. Build relationships with cross-functional teams to ensure up-to-date and accurate information, and one source of truth.
- Provide value-added commentary and analysis to support published results. Support management team in providing transparency on business drivers, risk and opportunities.
- Lead efforts to improve reporting and forecasting of all customer tradespends, allowances, and returns. Serve as key point person to brand and international teams for management of tradespends including promotional activity and discounts. Partner with brand, international, channel planning, and global fulfillment teams to develop monthly forecast. Manage monthly reviews with cross functional teams. Prepare month end accruals.
- Participate in month end close activities related to revenue and margin, including partnering with Accounting team to ensure timely and accurate posting of actuals and preparing month end margin reports. Field questions from cross-functional and international partners related to sales and COGS transactions.
- Lead initiatives to enhance financial systems and automate manual reports and processes. Become a superuser of company’s business intelligence system and maintain system generated margin reports. Create and distribute weekly and monthly reports.
- Proactively address process improvement opportunities by taking initiative and recommending solutions. Partner with Finance, Accounting, Operations, and Brand teams to identify improvement on current processes that have a direct impact on financial margin.
- Work on additional adhoc analyses and projects as necessary.
- College degree required; BA in Accounting/Finance or equivalent preferred
- 4+ years of experience in Accounting/Finance; experience in Consumer Goods company/industry preferred
- Advanced knowledge of financial and analytical concepts, practices, and procedures in Wholesale, Retail, and Ecommerce environment is preferred
- Previous experience developing reports and tools in business intelligence tools a plus
- The ideal candidate is results focused, a self-starter with strong initiative, curious, enjoys working on solutions to complex problems, and has a desire to make a difference
- Strong analytical skills (quantitative as well as qualitative) including building models, prior data mining and root cause analysis
- Professional experience in accounting standards assumptions, principles and constraints (i.e. revenue recognition matching, materiality, and conservatism)
- Prior experience developing reports and tools in business intelligence systems a plus
- Intermediate/Sophisticated in Excel
- Must work well in a fast paced, team-oriented, dynamic and matrix environment