Manager, Ecommerce & Digital Marketing Analytics
Digital | Hybrid in San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: Never, never, never give up
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
As a condition of employment, Kendo requires all newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date unless they have requested and received an exemption from the Company in the form of a reasonable accommodation due to a qualifying medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief or practice.
The salary range for this position is $103,654 - $129,568 based upon a San Francisco location. Offered salary is dependent upon experience and location. Kendo Total Rewards offerings also include an annual bonus and a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental and vision insurance, flex paid time off program, parental leave, employee discount/perks, a retirement plan with employer contributions, Summer Fridays, opportunity to work from anywhere for a month in the summer and July and December wellness/shutdown weeks for applicable positions.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Lip Lab, Ole Henriksen.
Kendo Brands has a hybrid work model with three days in office and two days remote each week.
The Manager, Ecommerce & Digital Marketing Analytics is a new role within Kendo’s growing Digital organization, reporting into the Director, Performance Marketing and Analytics. This role will be critical in building out the foundation for our ecommerce & digital marketing analytics framework from the ground-up, providing critical, actionable insights and information to our teams and leadership.
- Own the data orchestration, visualization, and analysis of Kendo Brands digital marketing and .com activity. Gather and mine data from all relevant sources, including disparate data sources, as needed.
- Develop & build out framework of site & channel analytics for Kendo’s .com business. Identify key actions and next steps to turn framework into reality.
- Build out digestible, custom reports for key stakeholders that inspire and provide actionable insights & takeaways to drive business objectives. To include, executing and sharing ongoing + adhoc reports and actionable insights to key partners.
- Visionary and advocate of analytics and data across the .com business in informing stakeholders to drive growth. Identify opportunities for reporting & insights and bring to light new ways to look at business performance and channel impact across all areas.
- Work with channel owners to understand ongoing reporting & insight needs and build out dashboards/reports by channel + ad hoc analyses of key channel initiatives, campaigns, etc.
- Partner with internal product & technology team and external agencies to steer analytics requirements and implementation of necessary updates/fixes for tools.
- Aid in Google Analytics management & framework for proper data capture - tagging structure, UTM structure, channel settings, custom events, etc. – and partner with appropriate team members to execute.
- Collaborate with business analytics & CRM analytics to align on opportunities for integrated reporting and analyses as needed.
- Assess additional tools & platforms as necessary to enhance overall data & analytics framework.
- Ad hoc forecasting/modeling based upon trends, research and analysis.
- Provides training on digital analytics and analytics best practice and tools as needed.
- Emulate a culture of innovation, sharing ideas and identifying/vetting new growth channel opportunities to test for the Kendo brands.
- 5-7 years of related years of experience in ecommerce/digital marketing analytics roles – at a high growth eCommerce, retail, and/or DTC preferred.
- BA/BS in a technical field or equivalent experience.
- Proven ability to develop and has a strong POV on the foundational framework for digital analytics and the infrastructure, resources, tools, solutions, etc. required for that.
- Expert-level experience in marketing analytics tools, platforms, data modeling, query building, etc. – especially Google Analytics (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, SQL, DataStudio, Tableau, Excel, etc.).
- Understanding of ecommerce and digital marketing KPIs and landscape: digital media & marketing channels, Content management/ecommerce platform systems and principles, website analysis and optimization principles, etc.
- Ability to take complex data and visualize it into a business story. Strong knowledge of best practices for dashboards and visualizations.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Strong sense of accountability, self-drive, pro-activity, and the ability to function independently while also being a strong team player and cross-functional partner.
- Willingness to seek out answers, explore out of the box solutions, and track down resources – basically do whatever it takes to find a solution
- Thrives in an undefined, ambiguous environment.