Manager, Demand Planning
Operations | San Paulo, Brazil | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
Reporting to General Manager, Kendo LATAM, the Demand Planning Manager leads the demand forecasting process for the respective business channels to generate a perspective on unit demand. He/she facilitates discussions with business stakeholders by channel to reconcile unit level forecasts against financial targets, key initiatives and productivity. The Demand Planning Manager oversees that POs are placed in accordance to forecasting alignment with each channel, in a timely fashion to ensure adequate inventory levels (launch and sustain).
Facilitates monthly forecast/planning meetings with business areas, discussing current trends and risks/opportunities.
Educates business areas on demand forecasting processes and requirements, ensuring alignment between Demand Plan and Financial Forecast- identifying gaps and generating solutions to reconcile them. Participates in monthly Forecasting call with KKO Channel Planning
Implements best practices for the planning function and partners with channels to ensure the best and necessary data to analyze and drive the business
Participate in major go-to-market milestones to gain insight to key seasonal strategies and initiatives.
Aligns OTB processes by channel to meet sales, margin, and inventory turn targets, Rolling Demand Plan and markdown plans. Ensures POs and Transfer orders are places accordingly.
Support in-market stock position assuring the right volumes are available on Ecom, DCs and retail doors.
Communicates delivery constraints, operational issues/opportunities. Flags irreconcilable issues to manager for problem solving and escalation as needed.
Drives the development and roll-out of tools to support demand planning efforts and data collection defining and establishing “best in class” planning processes and driving strategic and continuous improvement activities
Provides quarterly & seasonal historical data analysis & insight as inputs for future planning
Leads demand planning monthly reporting, developing and monitoring KPIs to track forecasting accuracy and other key metrics (inventory aging and obsolescence);
- Functional Work Knowledge (Demand Planning, Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) Full Abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and data integrity
- Demonstrate potential in problem solving, negotiation, and analytical skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills; able to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to work in fast-paced, often-changing environment
- Ability to work well with cross functional teams
- 4 year college degree with emphasis in business or finance Minimum
- 5-7 years of operations experience within a Consumer Products organization and with increasing degree of responsibility
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint); ability to deliver strong, polished, effective PowerPoint presentations.
- Languages: proficient Portuguese, English and Spanish