Manager, Content Strategist - Fenty Skin
Marketing | Hybrid in San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: Never, never, never give up
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
As a condition of employment, Kendo requires all newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date unless they have requested and received an exemption from the Company in the form of a reasonable accommodation due to a qualifying medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief or practice.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
As a Content Strategist on our Brand Marketing team, you will play a crucial role in defining and driving the content strategy for Fenty’s marketing campaigns and digital experiences. You will support our Sr. Content Strategist to conceptualize and execute compelling customer-centric content across Fenty’s digital channels. You are a skilled and artful storyteller that deeply understands how to connect with our consumer and are able to engage them at each level of the marketing funnel. You also possess the ability to drive and execute with key stakeholders and a team.
You have a passion for data and are also highly creative and strategic. You love the beauty industry, are an innate storyteller, and can drive the process of bringing ideas to life. You have the ability to conceptualize stories, activations, and ideas, while also possessing the ability to guide and direct both an internal team and external partners to help bring a vision to life. You are ready to roll up their sleeves and execute with excellence, is a self-starter and leader, and is able to influence, manage, and collaborate with cross-functional team members and partners.
- Help conceptualize and oversee execution of creative content, ideas, and experiences across media types and platforms that will make an impact on our consumers, with an emphasis on storytelling
- Develop comprehensive content strategies (paid and organic) that meet marketing KPI’s
- Ensure alignment of content strategy with overall brand & marketing strategy
- Manage content strategy and process from concept to completion, including overseeing creative/content development, organizing and tracking assets and timelines
- Stay abreast of market trends, cultural insights and content trends
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders; using clear and effective communication
- Provide clear and comprehensive direction and feedback to the Creative team
- Provide strategic input and executional guidance to the cross-functional team, to ensure all aspects of the brand marketing plans ladder up to global brand and product strategy
- Partner with the performance marketing team to continuously test creative to meet media goals
- Leverage key insights, data & analytics to inform decisions for strategy development and adjustments as necessary
- 5-7 years in marketing or content creation
- Solid grasp of marketing, cultural, and consumer insights, ability to synthesize information to generate actionable insights
- Strong creative eye
- Experience in the beauty, personal care, or wellness industries preferred
- An ability for both strategic and creative thinking, balanced with a strong business acumen
- Strong grasp of core marketing concepts
- Strong collaboration skills; ability to work collaboratively with other functions
- Extremely organized and able to manage multiple priorities
- A sense of diligence, accountability, bias toward action and healthy sense of urgency
- Ability to roll up one's sleeves to do whatever it takes get the job done