Manager, Accounts Payable and Payroll
Finance | Burbank, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
This position will oversee the day-to-day Accounts Payable tasks, with approximately 25% of time focused on payroll processing and personnel forecasting/budget management.
PAYROLL MANAGER ROLE
- Payroll Processing:
- Using the TriNet online payroll system, process bi-weekly payroll for hourly and Exempt employees
- In partnership with the SF HQ HR staff, ensure time off, bonuses, new hires, special payrolls, terminations and other payroll issues are recorded properly in the TriNet system
- Manage payroll reporting (monthly and ad hoc) to 401K provider, state and local legislation and/or healthcare ordinances (e.g. San Francisco HCSO quarterly and annual reporting and payments).
- Manage the spreadsheet where we track payroll costs by department. This gets updated 3 times a year (for Budget and 2 forecasts). Capture interim changes so that we’re always ready with an accurate forecast of personnel costs.
- Oversee personnel cost allocations by brand
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ROLE
- Oversee the day-to-day AP processes and communicate with internal partners and vendors.
- Validate that vendors are set up according to company policy.
- Ensure that invoices are processed accurately in the accounting system with proper currency and approved GL coding.
- Select invoices for timely payment and review payment journals for accuracy.
- Create weekly ACH and wire payments in the bank.
- Print checks as needed.
- Maintain new vendor forms, invoices and 1099 files for research and annual audit.
- Work closely with procurement department to facilitate 3 way match.
- Provide comments on month-end AP aging.
- Prepare and post month-end/year-end AP accruals and track reversals.
- Manage the annual creation of 1099s.
- Work with the Asst. Controller on month-end close and other transactional work during the course of the month.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Progressive accounting experience (4+ years). Industry experience in Cosmetics or other consumer packaged goods/wholesale preferred.
- Experience processing PO related invoices for inventory and understanding of 3 way match.
- Strong business acumen. Ability to analyze detailed level of data while able to step back and think strategically.
- Willingness to approach projects with a can-do attitude and create reasonable process where none exists.
- Experience with payroll processing (outsourced provider) a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and stay focused/calm.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; highest integrity and respect for confidentiality—very few people in the company have exposure to personnel details and you will be expected to maintain secrecy with this data.
- Detail oriented and methodical with ability to communicate complex transactions.
- Ability to organize, manage multiple projects and to meet deadlines
- Mastery of Excel required; Microsoft Dynamics AX desired (can train)
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with all Kendo staff and our colleagues in related companies, and promote a professional yet fun work environment.